'weighing' things up in life, and. . .

Options
I need, no WANT to make some changes.

I'm a 29year old mother of two girls (11 and 8) and I am much fitter and healthier than I deserve to be. I know that's not something you hear often and I'm definately not complaining but I need to admit to it and the fact that I can't rely on luck much longer, I want to load myself with some knowledge and slowly make some changes for the better, hopefully the rest of the family will follow suit.

However, I am completely clueless and would really appreciate some friends who can offer constructive criticism and some who offer encouragement and support.I intent to leave my diary open and will try to log as acurately as I can from Monday (using the weekend to plan out a few changes and take starting measurements, photos etc.

My main goals are:
1- leaning about nutrition and continually improving all our eating habits
2- drinking a LOT more water . . . This is my downfall.
3- complete insanity, but also try out c25k (always wanted to run, never could) and zombies run looks fun
4- when I screw up (which I will) just keep trying the next day instead of having a hissy fit and quitting.

So, anyone fancy joining me on this journey? I promise to be a good MFP'er and encourage and support in return and once I know what I'm talking about I may even try to advise as well!

Thanks for reading,

Annalise

Replies

• bopanee
    bopanee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • AlwaysImprovingMe
    Options
    Request sent! THANK YOU!

Anyone else willing to add? I'm the UK if e time zone thing matters to anyone.
  • brookjodie
    brookjodie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Don't give up because it can ONLY get easier.
  • Brian_VA
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I did the c25k program starting on June 22. I can now run 5 miles without stopping! If I can do it anyone can!
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck on your journey :)

I've been doing the C25K program for a while now, and at the beginning I struggled to run the 60 sec intervals, but now I'm even adding on an extra few laps and sprints to the end of my runs. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Young, old, fit, unfit... you can't help but see progress week-to-week... if not on the scales, in the distance, ease & speed with which you run.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! : )
  • AlwaysImprovingMe
    Options
    Pamperedlinny - accepted, thank you although I seen you're from Baltimore and all I could think of was Ace of Cakes on TV . . . How bad is that when we're on MFP lol

FastFingerEdd - thanks for the encouragement, I've never been a runner but my kids joined an athletics club at the start of the summer and their progress has been amazing (eldest took part in a bleep test at school last week and was the last girl standing in her year group) so I really want to give it a try, one question though . . . How do you recommend i deal with the awkward and embarrassing feelings that I know I'll have to start with?