I QUIT

Options

Replies

• BlueJue2
    Options
    I am soooo HAPPY for you!!! I quit 2 weeks ago this past Tuesday. I am glad that you decided to quit and did it, I had a heart attach 2 weeks ago Tuesday and that is why I quit. Wish I hadn't had the heart attach but VERY glad to have quit and I am so glad that it was your decision to quit before something like a heart attack made the decision for you. Great job, stick with it!!!
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • bublita
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm so happy for you - and your lungs!
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is such a hard thing to do. I've been there. I finally called it quits 16 months ago and haven't looked back. I wanted to be smoke free for my grandson who was on his way :smile: at the time. I know that quitting for someone else rarely works because it has to be for you too but it worked for me (plus I have wanted to quit for years upon years, he was just my excuse). So thankful he is here in and in my life and I don't smell like an ashtray anymore lol. Really fabulous. Keep it up!!! You will not regret it.
  • jhavila
    Options
    Nicely done. Best thing you can do for yourself. I quit years ago and am so glad I did. You got this. :smile:
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    So good for you!

When I stopped smoking (more than 10 years ago now, egad), I found a list of how things recovered to be motivating. Something like this:
    http://whyquit.com/whyquit/a_benefits_time_table.html
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is so great!! I just wish I could do it. I have cut down quite a bit, but my boyfriend smokes like a freight train and we live together. I have tried to tell him that we both need to quit but he is not interested in quitting.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's totally life-changing. Yay you!!!!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Well done! i was a heavy smoker (2 packs a day), but i quit aprox. 3 years ago. One of the best decisions i ever made.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    congrats on that BIG TIME!!! its super hard to quit, there's nothing better then waking up[ and not needing a cigarette in your life
  • jxerickson
    Options
    I think that is amazing, and I hope that you are successful in recruiting others to stop smoking as well. You should feel very proud of yourself, and if there is a day that you feel weak and have those cravings, remember how you felt today to keep you going. Your whole body is thanking you right now, especially your heart and lungs. I am sure that you feel better when you work out now.

Great Job!!!

Jennifer
  • 76nicky
    Options
    congrats im planning on quitting also, i hope mine is a positive outcome like yours!!!!!!!!!!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes.....That is so awesome... Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou: You should be so proud of yourself... I lost someone really close to me from smoking... Yes, you are so right is it a bad habit and that bad habit can lead to other health issues... You stay strong and hopefully, your mom and sis will follow behind you.... Again, congrats!!!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've (finally) been smoke-free for a little over a month now. Next goal is losing the pounds. :) Congrats to you and keep being strong! You aren't alone in your struggles!!!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is such a hard hurdle to overcome, I had to have a baby in order to quit those damn things. I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself! Congratulations again!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes.....That is so awesome... Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou: You should be so proud of yourself... I lost someone really close to me from smoking... Yes, you are so right is it a bad habit and that bad habit can lead to other health issues... You stay strong and hopefully, your mom and sis will follow behind you.... Again, congrats!!!!!
    I lost my dad last year because of his smoking, I wanted to quit then but couldn't, I actually started smoking a lot more because of how heart broken I was. Almost every single person in my family , going back as far as anyone remembers, has died of some form of cancer, whether they smoked or not. I absolutely could not stand the idea that I was giving myself even BETTER odds of dieing a terrible, painful death, like everyone else in my family. I'm going to do my best to stay cancer free, I've seen it too many times and I do not want it happening to me.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Awesome!!! keep it up!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I lost my dad last year because of his smoking, I wanted to quit then but couldn't, I actually started smoking a lot more because of how heart broken I was. Almost every single person in my family , going back as far as anyone remembers, has died of some form of cancer, whether they smoked or not. I absolutely could not stand the idea that I was giving myself even BETTER odds of dieing a terrible, painful death, like everyone else in my family. I'm going to do my best to stay cancer free, I've seen it too many times and I do not want it happening to me.
    Your story is exactly like mine! My dad passed away last year from throat cancer from smoking, and I kept on puffing away also. I recently quit with the E-cigarette. Congratulations to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hats off! I smoke sometimes and I am trying to quit too.
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    From one Quitter to another... FANTASTIC!!!!!! ... I am 1 year and 7 months smoke free!!!
    Awesome achievement you have made!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!