What's for dinner????

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Let's see, I made some homemade sweet potato fries that turned out spectacular, and a tilapia fillet seasoned with lemon, minced garlic, and herbs of providence.

Also having a cup of water and an apple. Yay single life!

How about the rest of ya'll? Whats on the menu?

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Let's see, I made some homemade sweet potato fries that turned out spectacular, and a tilapia fillet seasoned with lemon, minced garlic, and herbs of providence.

• Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've never had Talapia - is it mild? Like a white fish?

Chicken, broccoli and brown rice - my staple dinner.

:smile:
  • msarro
    Options
    I've never had Talapia - is it mild? Like a white fish?

Chicken, broccoli and brown rice - my staple dinner.

:smile:

Tilapia is phenomonal. Its a really mild white fish, and its one of the few fish you can eat every day and not have to worry about toxins and pollution. Plus its next to impossible to screw up, its cheap, and its good for you :)
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey M....

How do you make your sweet potato fries?

Thanks,
    Kell
  • msarro
    Options
    I used this recipe:
    http://video.about.com/lowfatcooking/Sweet-Potato-Fries.--6F.htm

Sadly it doesn't list the nutritionals, but I grabbed a half cup of fries and figured that was a serving. They're gooooooooooood. I used garlic, mrs. dash, cinnamon, and salt to season and egg beaters to make them crunchy.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch.
    I have one baking already, but will try this tomorrow.

Also having some baked chicken and some green beans.
    Pretty boring, but cleaning out the fridge!!

~Kell
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch thick lengthwise strips and toss with olive oil.

Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange potatoes on baking sheets.

Bake potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on bottom.

Turn potatoes over and bake about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown all over.

Sprinkle with salt and serve.

Per serving: CAL 166 (46% from fat); FAT 9g; PROTEIN 1g; CARB 22g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 30mg; DIETARY FIBER 3g

Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission, Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry - www.sweetpotato.org
    :flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    HAD PORK CHOPS ON THE GRILL, AND MACARONI AND CHEESE ,, :yawn:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    4 oz Roast chicken- no skin, boiled potatoes, long green beans. 1/2 roma tomato. Low fat Newman's Own Ginger Dressing on the potatos and green beans.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Chef Salad with Ranch Dressing and a Slim Fast (cappuccino delight flavor).

But now, I am under on calories and need to find more? boo.
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    We had spaghetti with whole wheat pasta. Cheap easy and goes a long way while feeding 6 people. And a side salad :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    mmm mine was yummy!

I had a chicken quesadilla (1 whole wheat tortilla, 32g light cheddar cheese, 2oz chopped grilled chicken breast, 1/4 cup chopped tomato, 2 tbls chopped green pepper)
    and 3/4 cup steamed green beans
    Then I had a pear for dessert :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Penne with Flax....and burgundy marinara sauce
    Morningstar Farms Chick Patty
    Broccoli
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    my husband's spicy chicken alfredo

with light sauce, of course, lots of onions and peppers, and a little marsala

mm mm mm I can't wait
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Had Mom over for dinner, so had a bit of a treat. Homemade Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches, and split a can of Chunky Slow Roasted beef with mushrooms soup 3 ways. And 1/2 cup of Fried Apple Ice Cream for dessert. The whole meal was about 600 cal.

And I still have 400+ cal. to eat! :ohwell:

But it was yummy, and a nice break from chicken!

My Dad's headed back to California tonight so we had our "big" meal at noon.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Mmmmm... I love tilapia!!!
    All I do to mine is add olive oil, garlic, pepper & salt and grill it.. Yum O!!
    I might have this tomorrow :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    OK, I had arroz con habichuelas guisada (rice & beans), Roast chicken with lemon and oregano, garlic green beans, steamed cauliflower, broccoli & carrots.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Two glasses of water and a huge salad (lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms) before I dug into the ridicuously huge size stouffers lasagna my fiance brought home. I had to eat a lot of salad and water before hand because that lasgna is a big weakness of mine. I did good though I ended up with a serving and a half 470 cals just for the lasagne. Now what to do with all these leftovers? Its a good thing my fiance can eat!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tonight i'm having a large baked potato with 1/2 can of baked beans :bigsmile:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    made turkey sunday I was suppose to only eat the turkey and vegetables but somehow the stuffing wound up on my plate :wink:

Tonight the family wants enchiladas. It is so difficult to "diet" when you have to cook for the family. I try to cook healthy but???????
    I might take the seasoned chicken and put it on a salad instead of in the tortilla.