Belly fat

Options
Hi people ! I'm sort of new here and idk much about what to post and what not to post and stuff as such x_x
So, the thing, is I've lost 13 kgs in the last 5 months and I still have a lot of accumulated belly fat.
What should I do to get a flat tummy ? I do weight training also btw.

Replies

• felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    cardio....but you still need to keep weigh training in there also. How much cardio are you doing?
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the same boat with a lot of belly fat, despite all of the weight I lost. Unfortunately, we cannot choose where our bodies lose weight from. The only way to lose it is to keep up a calorie deficit (not extreme), do some cardio, and keep up with your weight training, as that will help reduce the amount of muscle mass that you lose during your weight loss. Drink lots of water to also reduce bloating and watch the salt intake. I have also heard that limiting alcohol and cutting down a bit on carbs will also help.

Good luck :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You have to keep losing weight in a healthy manner. If you're close to your goal weight and have a gut, your body is predisposed to put on weight there and it will be the last to come off.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    cardio....but you still need to keep weigh training in there also. How much cardio are you doing?

Cardio doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for belly fat. No exercise does, in fact.

The only answer is calorie deficit + time.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Eat right - it's as simple as that. Maintain a healthy deficit, have good macros, be patient.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Eat right - it's as simple as that. Maintain a healthy deficit, have good macros, be patient.

took the words out of my mouth! they do say abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym! you'll get there! do core exercises!
  • chubb666
    chubb666 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Slowly introduce a calorie deficit by reducing calories by 100 a week (worked out from your BMR); Introduce compound lifts to your weight training (I suggest looking up Starting Strength and modifying it; ignore the diet advice in the book). Squats, deadlifts, bench press, power cleans will work your posterior chain pretty well (muscles along the back); add in some core exercises (crunches; ab-push ups, hanging leg raises, wood chops).
    eat, rest, exercise < order of importance
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    when lifting compound weights...that are heavy..you will automatically engage your abs..which will help with the extra fat. This is what has worked for me...between my squats and dead lifts...I have to use my abs to stabilize myself..
  • rosh124
    rosh124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I used to do a lot of cardio, but I've cut down to 45 mins 'cause I'm losing too much muscle and that's really not what I want /:
    Can anyone suggest a good weight training schedule ? I've been researching and I think I'm doing it completely wrong :(
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    tons of ab exercises and cardio. Turbo is a great way to lose all over. Also its what you eat, stop eating any kind of sugar (this includes carbs) 8 hours before you go to bed. There is a great book called abs are made in the kitchen, you should check it out. :) Hope this helped feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    tons of ab exercises and cardio. Turbo is a great way to lose all over. Also its what you eat, stop eating any kind of sugar (this includes carbs) 8 hours before you go to bed. There is a great book called abs are made in the kitchen, you should check it out. :) Hope this helped feel free to add me as a friend.

Notsureifsrs.

Calorie deficit. Eat whatever time you want. Sugar/carbs dont just automatically store fat in your belly and they alone arent what causes fat gain a calorie excess does.. Dont need tons of ab exercises or cardio either.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The belly is the body's primary fat storage location. That is true for most mammals. It's going to be the last place you lose and will only come off when you have reduced your total body fat percentage through diet and exercise.

Cardio burns a lot of calories to reduce fat. Strength straining maintains/builds lean muscle which in turn burns even more fat.

Keep after it and the fat will eventually disappear.