Hydration Belt... Just how do you wear it?

Options
Let's get this out of the way. This... looks ridiculous. Like a cross between a diaper and a jock strap. I know that.

IMG_5052.jpg

Is the bottle supposed to go in the front like that? And if it's supposed to go in the back, how do you reach it without dislocating a shoulder? Or swiveling it 'round the front every time I needed a sip? And I think I can tolerate it bouncing in the front more than it bouncing on my *kitten*. On the side, I think it would throw off my balance... and my arms might bump it.

On very warm days, or runs longer than 6 miles or so, sometimes my mouth gets very dry and my throat closes up when running. So I like the safety net of having a drink with me. But it just looks so wrong. I wish it was black. It wouldn't look so bad in black. This belt was a freebie, which fits my budget perfectly, so as vain as I am, I'm not so vain that I'd spend money just to look a little less stupid.

Replies

• CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ive only ever seen them worn in the back. I can easily reach back but I've found something even better! It's a belt with two mini bottles in the back but kind of off to the side. You can get them at Running Room. Very easy to use.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ah! Missed the part about not buying another... Try in the back I bet you can reach easily.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just run holding a water bottle. You get used to it, and it is a lot easier. For really long runs I use a Camelbak, but with the South Texas heat it is not fun to use in the summer.
  • notmac
    Options
    I have used that in the past, wore it in the back.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    can you go halfway and wear it on your hip?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just run holding a water bottle. You get used to it, and it is a lot easier.

Last time I did that, it was the day after increasing my weights on bench press, overhead press, etc. By mile 6, I could barely raise my arm to my mouth! :laugh:

I'll try wearing it behind me and report back in about ... 7 miles or so. :wink:
  • happypath101
    Options
    I love how honest and genuine you are!! I've been wondering if I should get one of these (or run home half way and have a sip of water and head back out again - but I doubt I'd head out). I had the same question. I also like to wear a heart-rate monitor. I'm afraid I'll look like the borg by the time I'm done. LOL!
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Would it fit on your side? The one I own, I wear on the side of my body on my hip.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I tried it on the back. It lasted about 1/10th of a mile. :laugh: Between my short waist and big round bum, it flopped all over the place back there and ended up sideways, which made me feel off balance. So I shifted it around to the front and looked like a dork in a giant jock strap.

But I'm a dork in a giant jock strap that just ran 8 miles in under 1:20, and that includes taking some walk breaks and some snap some photos of the pretty scenery breaks, so I don't care. :tongue: