Seem to have hit a major plateau

Options
tsgskey Hello MFP peeps! I haven't really checked in for a while and I have stop logging my daily food intake and my exercise, but I have still been trying to maintain my routine. We just recently adopted a baby, so my life has been a little upside down. I'm checking in because, I'm having a hard time losing now and I think I have hit a serious plateau. The only thing that has changed in my diet and workout routine is the amount off time I workout. Before the baby I would workout for about an hour and a half. Now I can only work in about an hour or 45 minutes. I'm trying to come up with different cardio exercises, but I fall back on my old faithful ones like, jogging, stair master, and the stationery bike. I do some weights and I do crunches everyday. I still can't seem to get rid of my stomach. It isn't as big as it use to be, but it's been a year now and I was hoping to be rid of it by now. I have gained 7 lbs, but I think that's muscle. All this just to ask if you have any suggestions?

Replies

• mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Start logging your food again. It's so easy to under-estimate what we're eating. I know it takes a little time, but it's worth it. :smile:
    Congrats on the new baby!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Adding 7lbs of muscle takes LOTS of effort, so don't kid yourself. I m not saying it is fat -- could be water, but I can almost promise you it isn't all muscle.

As you get closer to your goal weight it becomes more necessary to be careful so, start measuring and logging your food. Period.
  • dhbraga
    Options
    i agree that you need to start logging your food again. Also, try doing some of the cardio machines backwards. The bike won't measure your miles & calories, but your body will. The treadmill backwards is great. Start out slow & work your way up. The Elliptical trainer can also be done backwards (starting the other foot going back 1st). Hope this helps! Congrats on the baby.