I QUIT

Options

Replies

• phxlou
    Options
    Congrats.. I smoked since I was 12 too but quit.. best decision ever.
  • MrFatBoySlimmer
    Options
    Great work! :) Best decision!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • km017198
    km017198 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!!

From someone who has watched people I love suffer and die from smoking-related illness, you've made me smile and brightened my day knowing there's one less person who will suffer from a lifetime of smoking.
  • yorkshirecath
    yorkshirecath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic. Well done you! xx
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I smoked for years and I broke it 12 years ago. Beware of the same habits- change them. Whatever normal habit you had when you smoked change it. For instance if you smoked after dinner then don't sit after dinner then go walk or walk in place. Etc..
    You are going to feel SO much better! But beware of the cravings they come and go and if you know that and have a plan then you will succeed. You already have by stopping and THAT is awsome!!!
  • Rexwinks
    Options
    CONGRATS:smile:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I use to smoke. The problem I had was stress at work and a lack of any motivation or physical activity to help me quite smoking. So earlier this year I quite my job, took up jogging and quite smoking overnight. I am now training to run in next month's Columbus Marathon, half marathon division. I'm up to 10 miles. I also found a less stressful job. Congrats to you!!!

Remarkable!
  • notmac
    Options
    I'm proud of you!!
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is such a wonderful victory for you! And, thank you for sharing it and giving me hope. So much of what I have been reading about quitting smoking only dwelled on the negative and how hard it would be to do while losing weight. Well, for the same reasons that you stated - it's a little harder to exercise when you can't breathe properly! - I finally am ready to say I want to quit. I'm going to look into the electronic cigarettes.

Thanks again for sharing - you should definitely pat yourself on the back!!
  • asticoral
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I will be quit 2yrs oct. 15 using an ecig!
    Are you a member of ECF? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ over 100K members and growing!
    Our consumer advocate: http://casaa.org/

I can also give you plenty of links to community groups, FB groups, live shows, chats and vendors.........

Was totally painless wasn't it :bigsmile:
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    That is amazing! Good for you!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You will feel so much better. I was a pack a day smoker and quit about 3 years ago. It is the best feeling not to wake up everyday with your lungs burning or being able to run without being short of breath. Good job and you will feel so much better!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!! Keep it up!
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I quit almost two weeks ago, and it is awesome! I am happy that you too have made one of the best decision ever for your health! Congratulations!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I remember as a teenager seeing pictures of coal miners lungs and a smokers and thinking that they looked exactly alike.

You should feel proud! This is a big starting point and will definitely change your life for the better. From what I've read, it takes a few months but your lungs should improve quite a bit as they clear themselves. :drinker:
  • MissChievou2
    Options
    Cigarettes have a huge hold on me too. I'm on my second week without them and my lungs are still giving me hell. Keep up the good work! Add me :)
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! Funny how once you quit smoking the sme ll of cigs is so awful! Lol. I quit many years ago and never went back! I have a friend that smokes..tried the patch with no success ..I'll tell her about e-cig!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!