What's your lamest excuse for not exercising?

Options
The one I used yesterday: My hair looks amazing today; I wouldn't want to ruin it with sweat and ponytails, right?

I'm so lame.

Replies

• rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    That sounds like a motorcyling woman I know who keeps getting helmet hair and complains about it.

Try wearing hats!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :noway: OMG! I've had the hair excuse before too!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate the days when you have to get ready early so you don't excercise then but you also have plans later in the day so the afternoon is your only time to excercise but it means doing the shower, hair, makeup routine again!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate the days when you have to get ready early so you don't excercise then but you also have plans later in the day so the afternoon is your only time to excercise but it means doing the shower, hair, makeup routine again!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    LOL I've done this one too! Also if my makeup looks really good.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've ditched the gym because I had a doctors appointment that afternoon which means I must get a free pass for the rest of the day
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I feel sniffles coming on.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've ditched the gym because I had a doctors appointment that afternoon which means I must get a free pass for the rest of the day

That cracks me up. I could so see myself doing that. Or saying to myself, "I want my dr to be impressed so I better work out first" like they would know if I worked out that day or not.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I don't want to take two showers today and I feel so clean, why would I want to sweat.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Back when I was 20 pounds heavier..my excuse would be "I dont want to go to the gym because my sports bra gives me more rolls, and I hate seeing that in the mirrors at the gym"....Like...DUH! Isn't that the whole purpose of going to the gym...to get rid of them? I obviously hadn't quite had the desire to lose the weight & change my lifestyle. Now I don't mind looking in the mirror cause my booty actually looks kind of cute! haha! And no more bra rolls. :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Back when I was 20 pounds heavier..my excuse would be "I dont want to go to the gym because my sports bra gives me more rolls, and I hate seeing that in the mirrors at the gym"....Like...DUH! Isn't that the whole purpose of going to the gym...to get rid of them? I obviously hadn't quite had the desire to lose the weight & change my lifestyle. Now I don't mind looking in the mirror cause my booty actually looks kind of cute! haha! And no more bra rolls. :)

:laugh: Great excuse!!!:laugh:

I used this one the other day....I'm too cold to work-out, I'll just stay all snuggled under my blanket.....REALLY? I think I'd be warmer if I worked out:tongue: But I am SO COLD these days!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have to dust the house- once again- there--there is a peace of dust- all the house work- i have no time for exercising.

I need a day off - can't exercise- i have to rest.. but you didn't workout for 3 weeks ! I know- but that time i was - dusting.. now i have to relax .. can't a woman get a day off ??

There's plenty of excuses.. i mean we all have them .. tons of them, but i tell to myself..

" you have million excuses- not to exercise- but find one good reason - to exercise !

and i have more than one..

this is my list of reasons for exercising :

1. - huge huge butt .. ( my god - my son told me the other day that i have a perfec t" shelf-butt " he said it looked like a shelf !!!! )
    2. rolls, rolls, rolls.. yeah.. many of them .. everywhere
    3. need clothes- refusing to buy bigger sizes- ! just not gonna happen- i will not reward myself for GAINING weight..nope. so till than.. no clothes
    4. sick of flat shoes- i love high heels but - i refuse to wear them until i lose weight
    5. yeah- health is there s omewhere to , right ? :)
    6. I want to be good looking. i want my husband to stare at me .:) not just look and love me .. i want him to staaaare at me :) hehe i know i sound silly , but i used to get all the attention when i was " younger .. you know .. teen etc.. and i'm used to be the " middle point " .. now.. i'm just the .. avarage.. overweight.. mom of 3 ? .. I'm not ready to take that label yet.. even my mom .. looks smoking hot.. and it's emberessing when she comes to visit from Germany , she is half my size, she is toned, she is taned, i ' mean common.. i don't feel like going out with her :(.. so #
    7. want to look good when mom comes to visit !
    8. want to wear her clothes for a change.. and i'm sick of having her walk in the house in my " thigts " wearing them as oversized sweats ?!?! my tight T-shirts are like " sacks " looking on her .. so not fair ..

ok.. that should b e enough reasons to get my butt up and go workout.. righ t ?