Cheap Ellipticals

Options
I am looking at some cheaper ellipticals for my home, around $300 and I am wondering if this is a waste of my money. I have a busy schedule and it is very difficult for me to find the time to get to a gym, but I work out at home a lot and ellipticals are my favorite cardio equipment to use when I cannot go out and jog. I want it to last a long time because I plan to use it pretty regularly.

Are there any brands you would recommend for an elliptical around $300 or lower before tax?

Replies

• borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Any elliptical that is under $1000. is cheap and will be more strain on your legs and will be more uncomfortable. I paid $1000. for my ellipticalat sears, and i got it on my sears credit card with one year same as cash plan, no interest. And my elliptical is comfortable to walk on.
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Look for used ones that other people have given up using at home. Check craigslist and other sales sites. Treadmills are often readily available, but hopefully you can track down an elliptical!
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    I like the suggestion of looking for a good used one. Part of the appeal of the cheaper ones is that they are small. I live in an apartment, and while I can clear out a space in the office for a piece of cardio equipment, it isn't a huge space. I need something small and not too heavy.

I looked in my area on Craigslist and WOW I see some good ones for cheap.
  • jadenlore
    jadenlore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment and I bought a small piece of equipment called an InMotion elliptical. It's not a true elliptical, but it does get in my cardio. I add in weights when I'm doing it and get a good little workout in at home most nights a week. They can be found on Amazon or Overstock from between $80-$150, depending on which kind.