Weigh more but look skinnier!

Options
Just thought I'd post this for those who get frustrated when the scale doesn't seem to budge. I don't have a full body before picture (hated being photographed at the time), but I think you can see the difference in my face. In the first pic I wasn't working out and was 138ish. Now I work out 1-2 hours 5-7 days a week, weight training, running, cycling, yoga...you name it. I weigh 140 now.

So don't get discouraged when the scale stays the same...changes could be happening!

I'm the blonde one (I know, I know)

23612564_7472.jpg

23612564_5159.jpg

Replies

• kathrynloreili
    Options
    You look SO good girl!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed at what exercise does for the body. Congrats, you look amazing!
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look great! Love those curves!! :)
  • shellyt1
    Options
    I got rid of my scale this week because I got tired of trying to get to a number instead of the changes in my clothes and what the mirror was showing from my working out! I know I'm losing fat and making muscle and getting stronger! That is now my focus instead of the magic number! You look great by the way!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    wow..... sexy lady.. great work
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What types of exercises do you do? I've got about another week before I can go back to the gym... I started some weight training and did inclines on the treadmill as well as the stair master.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Amazing! What types of exercises do you do? I've got about another week before I can go back to the gym... I started some weight training and did inclines on the treadmill as well as the stair master.

For cardio I do spin classed, outdoor bike rides, slow paced distance running, interval running and I'm getting back into swimming. For resistance training I just do 45 minutes about 3-4 times a week focusing on different muscle groups. I don't know a lot about it but I try to lift fairly heavy and try to do more compound moves than anything else. That being said, I still have a lot to learn.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You are HOT!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Squints80
    Options
    I'm sure you've heard this but you're a very pretty lady!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love how you have the exact same pose in the black fitted dress as in your profile pic :)
    I think we all need to know our most flattering angles! I do the same thing...

Anyhow, you look GREAT! Exercise really does pay off in the long run :)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Looking good - muscle weighs more than fat.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    Wow! That is an extreme difference. You look great. Thank You for posting.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same as you and DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT. You look amazing. I just wimped out of some body conditioning workout today for yet another "safe" dose of the stationary bike. You've encouraged me to keep forcing myself to mix it up (tomorrow). Well done you on your hard work and thanks for posting.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I love how you have the exact same pose and facial expression in both the second picture and your avatar.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    I love how you have the exact same pose in the black fitted dress as in your profile pic :)
    I think we all need to know our most flattering angles! I do the same thing...

Anyhow, you look GREAT! Exercise really does pay off in the long run :)

Heehee...the hands on hips makes my arms look better! Lol.
  • tsegears
    Options
    You look amazing! You are absolutely right about gettting frustrated with what you see on the scale or don't see on the scale. You are proof that muscle weights more than fat. Keep up the hard work!

13107194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    WOWZERS! You are smokin! Thanks for the reminder, too, that even if the scale's number isn't changing - our body might be anyways :)
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. a lot of people believe that the less you weight, the healthier you are. it's good to see proof that sometimes weighing more can be a positive thing. :) also, congrats on being gorgeous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!