I can't lose my last 10lb

Options
I am 5'7" and my weigh goal is 125~123lb sounds low, but that's how much I used to weight before being allergic to gluten.
I'm stuck at 134~135 and I can't lose this last 10lb. I reduced my calorie intake and put on more cardio, didn't work to I put more calories and yet didn't lose a thing.

Does anybody has an idea of how can I lose this last 10lb?

Replies

• sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    my only suggestion is to eat super clean and dont eat your exercize calories back
  • tamicaron
    Options
    my only suggestion is to eat super clean and dont eat your exercize calories back

I'm allergic to milk, gluten and shell fish if I eat more clean that that I'll eat only light and water lol
    I usually eat about 1000 or less a day and exercise 1300 so I don't eat my exercise back neither...
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    eating under your calories is not going to help you lose the weight . its not enough fuel to workout . you might go down a pound or two but a few days later it will be back. patience is key. I"ve beem working on my last 10 pounds for 6 months . it will come
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I'm allergic to milk, gluten and shell fish if I eat more clean that that I'll eat only light and water lol
    I usually eat about 1000 or less a day and exercise 1300 so I don't eat my exercise back neither...

Wait...what? Did you say you're eating less than 1000 cals a day and exercising off 1300 cals a day? If so, that's not gonna work. If you're 5'7" and about 135 pounds, you really need to eat more. Increase your protein to at least 100 grams a day. Adding more cardio probably won't help much, either. I highly recommend you add some resistance training to your regimen. It's well known that the last ten pounds come off really slowly. The closer you get to your goal, the smaller your calorie deficit should be. If you're eating more than 20% below your maintenance calories, you need to eat more. Set your loss goal to 1 pound a week or less.

Use any on-line method to find out your maintenance cals and take off 15-20%. If you need to increase your cals, do it gradually, like add 100 cals a day for a week, then 100 more the next week, etc. Expect to commit a good 4-5 months to lose the last ten safely.

Good luck!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My mantra is protein, protein, protein and more protein. I'm trying to get down to 120 lbs and am fighting for every darn ounce I lose. I've bumped my protein up to 30% and will go up to 40% after my 100 mile bike ride on Sept 30th (need the carbs for training, and will carbo load the week of the ride).

Increase your protein, eat closer to 1500 kcals a day and lift weights. Also, cycling your calories will keep your body guessing, so do one day low calorie (1200) one day mid range (1400) and one day high (1600) and your metabolism will stay revved through the low days helping to peel more pounds.

Cardio is good, but change up what you do regularly. If you are always on the same machine doing the same program, your body will get used to it and your calorie burn will drop to the point that you may as well just go home and watch tv. Change your program every week or take new classes. You need to be slightly sore after your workout or you didn't really accomplish anything.