Just starting need support

Options
Hi! I'm a 29 year old female that has lost 12 lbs on my fitness pal but fell off the band wagon. I am trying to get back on but looking for friends/ support to help me shed the lbs.

Replies

• sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me.
  • Theresal77
    Theresal77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • fallenintoblue
    Options
    I just recently started out and its amazing getting myself healthy! Good luck! You can do it!
  • melanielb73
    melanielb73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I am just starting back up in last 2 weeks
  • tammymeis
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your support buddy. I'm Tammy and I'm also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/coachtammym with a free support group called Team Fitness if you are interested in talking about eating well and getting some exercise.

But I'm just getting back on mfp myself and I saw your post. I need the accoutability to eat better too. I have lost over 20 pounds but I need to get that last few pounds off and they are really hard. I work out but clean eating is so much more important to weight loss. Not saying the workouts aren't important, but that's for the fitness aspect. It's the eating part that is so hard! LOL

So let's be mfp pals and maybe we can help each other be accountable!
  • ceecee7636
    ceecee7636 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey. Add me I'm relatively new - a couple of months now - and love the support on here. We can all do it!! :)
  • SimplyAmy70
    SimplyAmy70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love to be a support buddy on here! I will send you a friend request. Glad you are here!
    ~Amy~
  • bigdon123
    bigdon123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • francybee
    francybee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm new here too. :happy:
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting as well. My name is Pamela and I'm 32. I've got 60 pounds to lose and I am so sick of this weight. If you would like to add me to your friends maybe we could motivate each other. I was just thinking about how much I could lose before Christmas. It's got me motivated to lose 15 pounds by then.. If I can do it I'll treat myself to a cute Xmas dress or something. Maybe a goal like that will help you too. Have a great day (and a healthy lunch.. Lol.. I've got a chicken breast and veggies.. Woohoo!) Bye!

Pamela
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The bigger the MFP family the better!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back to MFP family.. Add me if you wish. I am also on Facbook.. Kathy Seelig:drinker:
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there well what can I say about this site apart from its the best I have seen and used and as you make your way on here you will make a lot of new friends who will support and motivate you like they did with me and now I do the same in return for the help they gave me so feel free to add me and see how I did it and if anyone would like me to help hen feel free to add me
  • BeardHLB
    Options
    I understand, it is tough when we fall off to jump back on. Not sure how you set your goals but both my sister and I are on here and we what we do is set small achievable goals for we all know if you are looking at dropping fifty pounds tiny numbers only get us discouraged.

I start out saying i will loose five pounds and then increase it from there. With me not even sure how many times I have fallen off the wagon but am down sixty-three pounds overall in the past few years and my final goal is another thirty.

Not sure if any of this will help just remember you are not alone and the first three days back on is tough but well worth it and you are stronger then the food they put all around us.

Good luck and believe in YOU for YOU are well worth it
  • taxtracker
    Options
    I am new as well! I gained ten pounds within four months on lantus (once a day insulin) while working out and dieting, the upside is that my blood sugar was completely controlled and equivalent to a nondiabetic.

I went off the lantus and glipizide (another diabetic medication that prevents weight loss) in July. It has been a struggle but I have very slowly finally lost those ten pounds and the high blood sugars have returned. I still have 75 lbs to go and am hoping that losing the weight will naturally(albeit slowly) lower my blood sugars and blood pressure.
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm very active and friendly, and like to nag at my friends if I see they don't log in.

:)
  • jlmoses91
    jlmoses91 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Everyone falls off every once and a while just keep trying!
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I'm trying get fit for the long haul so I would love more support as well.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting as well. My name is Pamela and I'm 32. I've got 60 pounds to lose and I am so sick of this weight. If you would like to add me to your friends maybe we could motivate each other. I was just thinking about how much I could lose before Christmas. It's got me motivated to lose 15 pounds by then.. If I can do it I'll treat myself to a cute Xmas dress or something. Maybe a goal like that will help you too. Have a great day (and a healthy lunch.. Lol.. I've got a chicken breast and veggies.. Woohoo!) Bye!

Pamela

I was thinking about a goal for christmas too. Since i am aiming to drop 2 lbs per week and 8 a month, i think 25 lbs is realistic for me. I like the reward idea. Especially a cute christmas dress! Btw I can't believe christmas is just over 3 months away. Wow! This year has flown. So anyways I will add you! I have been doing mfp for a little while. I just got back from vacation 3 weeks ago so i had to get back on track from that. It is hard sometimes but you can do it especially with support. So you are doing the right thing. :-)
  • sailyogi
    sailyogi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me