My First 5K

Options
I did it! I ran my fist 5K today - it was 3.27 miles, I did it in 32:37 and finished 4th in my age group. Ready & waiting for the next one now :) Never, ever, ever did I think I'd be a runner and now it's a staple of my life!!!

Replies

• stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW thats a wonderful time for your first race! Congrats!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congratulations! I'm going to start C25K in a few weeks and I can't wait til I can say the same!
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran my fist 5K today - it was 3.27 miles, I did it in 32:37 and finished 4th in my age group. Ready & waiting for the next one now :) Never, ever, ever did I think I'd be a runner and now it's a staple of my life!!!

GREAT job!! Next week I am running one, and I also was never a runner. You had a great time. I know I won't be that fast.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the run...awesome job!
  • bbelnap2
    bbelnap2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job. That's a really fast speed for a first 5K.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    That is a WONDERFUL first race time...mine was 34:35 and I thought I was dying...
    Keep it up and you'll be getting awards in no time!
  • aishaarivera
    aishaarivera Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great! I want to run one. Soon God willing.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great time for a first 5K!!
  • wxchaser
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm doing my first one next month and I seriously can't wait!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Excellent result for you today. Glad you're ready to do more.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Great job and time!
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! :drinker:

I also did my first 5K today,however, I walked/jogged. I did it in 55 minutes, slow in comparison, but I'm going to work up to running!

Good work!! I know the excitement you feel!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is such a wonderful feeling isint it. I cant run the whole thing due to leg issues but i love signing up and participating anyway. I just walk them now with an occasional burst of slow jogging every now and then. I dont worry about my time thu i do try to improve it for the next one.

My best walking time was 48 minutes 2 yrs ago. I am doing one in Nov for sure and maybe the turkey trot on Thanksgiving Day again. Keep it up....
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I signed up for my first 5k. It is Nov 3rd. I am working on the C25K now and walking on my days off. Today for the first time I was really glad I was pushing the regular stroller and not the jogging stroller because I kept catching myself trying to run and the regular stroller causes more problems when trying to push it. Since I am use to pushing two kids in a jogging stroller I can't wait for my first 5k. I want to see what kind of a time difference it will make not having them with me.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great time! Good luck in all your future runs!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well done! Watch out, you'll be eyeing up loooooonger races before you know where you are!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - it feels great and lots of luck to everyone who is going to be doing their first! IT'S FUN!!!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Congrats - great time and great finish! Racing rocks!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Wow, my first was Thursday and it was 40:18 - I feel so slow, lol!