Miranda Kerr's diet!

Options
For those interested! I see a lot of people talking about Miranda Kerr's figure on here :smile:

*Copied and pasted from Miranda's website, Kora Organics!*

This is an example of what I do to stay healthy. It is not intended as medical advice or a way for you to eat but rather an example of how I live my life daily.

Everyday – I always try to:

eat according to the Blood Type Diet. I am an A Blood Type
take my nutritional supplements
drink hot /warm water, apple cidar vinegar (two teaspoons) a good squeeze of lemon, a small squirt of agabe when I wake up every morning
eat a substantial breakfast. Breakfast really is the main meal of the day.
eat small portions regularly throughout the day. This ensures my metabolism is constantly active
select and eat foods from my blood type diet that are alkaline foods and I eat them in preference to acidic foods
Select and eat foods from my blood type diet that combine well together in one meal.
select and eat foods from my blood type diet that have a low GI rating and if I eat the higher GI foods I always try to eat them before midday
select and eat foods from my blood type diet that have high anti-oxidant levels and foods that boost my immune system
select and eat high-fibre foods from my blood type diet. I believe eating fibre is one of the keys to my health.
DRINK 2 – 3 litres OF WATER PER DAY
eat organic foods when possible
avoid foods with wheat, gluten and lactose
avoid sugar and instead use honey or agave as my sweetener even in cakes, etc

My typical daily diet: (all certified organic if available)

Breakfast:

Tahitian Noni juice immediately upon waking

Glass of hot/warm water with lemon juice, apple cidar vinegar & yellow box honey or agave

Fruit salad of: pineapple, figs, cherries, apricots, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, prunes, plums, apple, pear (when available)

Goats milk, organic yoghurt or Bornhoffen yoghurt if I don’t have access to goats

Or instead of yoghurt if I feel like a cooked breakfast:

2 organic/free range eggs, either poached, scrambled or boiled

Two pieces of Burgen Soy Linseed, Rye or spelt toast with avocado

Hot dandelion tea with almond, goat or oat milk or a cup of green tea

Morning tea:

Handful of Tamari roasted or plain almonds or

Dark chocolate coated almonds

2 x Spelt biscuits with avocado and tuna

Lunch:

Piece of fish (salmon, silver perch, yellow perch, snapper, cod) with fresh green salad vegetables and spelt biscuits if I am still hungry or

A lentil dish

Hot dandelion or green tea and/or green tea or a coffee if I feel like one (coffee is okay for A Blood types – but again, all in moderation!)

Glass of filtered water with Dr Red, Ginger Punch Immune Booster formula (great to be used as an alternative to make-up cordial for kids as it tastes great and boosts the immune system) or lemon, apple cidar drink.

Afternoon tea:

Handful of Tamari roasted or plain almonds or seaweed extract (Maine Sea Vegetable extract)

OR: 2 x spelt crispbreads with tuna, avocado and feta cheese

Piece of fruit

Dinner:

Piece of fish (salmon, silver perch, yellow perch, snapper, cod) or chicken or red meat (rarely because of my blood type) cooked with ginger and garlic with fresh green vegetables (Broccoli, beans, snow peas, cooked slightly and artichokes) or green salad vegetables. Roasted and onion and garlic.

Late night snack: (only if hungry)

Seaweed extract OR (Maine Sea Vegetable extract)

A handful of pumpkin or sunflower seeds or almonds

Replies

• Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I was expecting it to be really boring but actually sounds quite nice ans nourishing! I too love burgen bread in the morning, very filling and she eats a good amount of protein. I cant imagine that's what she eats everyday though, unless she just isnt that interested in food!
  • Lyra89
    Options
    I was expecting it to be really boring but actually sounds quite nice ans nourishing! I too love burgen bread in the morning, very filling and she eats a good amount of protein. I cant imagine that's what she eats everyday though, unless she just isnt that interested in food!

Shame they don't sell that where I live, I'd love to try it! I think her diet seems very balanced and healthy and not at all restrictive especially for a super model! It is her job to look good so she probably cant afford to have an interest in food :tongue: However, once you eat this clean for a few days, all your junk cravings go out the window!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the warm/hot water instead of cold?

I wish I could afford fish everyday! The quality is not so good in my area and too expensive. Most fish is farm raised (fatty!) and wild caught is way out of my budget.

Thanks for posting though! Some good food to think about adding into my diet.
  • Lyra89
    Options
    I wonder why the warm/hot water instead of cold?

I wish I could afford fish everyday! The quality is not so good in my area and too expensive. Most fish is farm raised (fatty!) and wild caught is way out of my budget.

Thanks for posting though! Some good food to think about adding into my diet.

I'd also love to know why hot water instead of cold, I see a lot of people on here having hot water with lemon in the mornings...wonder if it has any particular purpose...if it does, somebody care to explain? :smile: Yeah wild/organic fish is incredibly expensive here too :angry:
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My friend always says that drinking hot lemon in the morning banishes fat. However, she doesn't drink it herself. I sometimes have hot honey & lemon for when I'm singing, but I doubt it does much for the waistline.
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    Some say that drinking warm water aids the digestion process by breaking down the food faster which makes it easier to digest.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Some say that drinking warm water aids the digestion process by breaking down the food faster which makes it easier to digest.

exactly. i've heard that drinking cold water (or any cold beverage) causes food to coagulate. and supposedly the longer food stays in your digestive system, the more likely it is to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

but...i am not the expert. that is just what i've read on several websites.
  • akinomikon
    akinomikon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump