ok Gross bathroom question but I need to know

Options
Has anyone ever experience a bright yellow oil when using the restroom. There was normal stuff and yellow oil floating on the water. Should I be concerned? I googled the problem and it mainly says that eating certain fish will do that. I don't eat fish.

Replies

• Iceman1800
    Options
    Sounds harmless. Most likely something you ate that didn't digest properly
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any weight loss supplements?
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Are you on any medication, supplements, or diet pills?
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Are you on any weight loss drugs, specifically Alli?
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any weight loss supplements?

Good question. Fish oil pills? Omegy 3/6 fatty acids maybe?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Weight loss drugs like Alli or fish oil supplements will do that.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of other possibilities - http://www.livestrong.com/article/273293-what-are-the-causes-of-orange-oil-in-your-stool/

Hope it isn't anything serious!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My husband had that I think it has to be the grease that he eats what kind of food do you eat
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    Has anyone ever experience a bright yellow oil when using the restroom. There was normal stuff and yellow oil floating on the water. Should I be concerned? I googled the problem and it mainly says that eating certain fish will do that. I don't eat fish.

always make sure when posting a question let people know if you take certain meds or vitamins or foods.
    Not sure but from what others have posted could be related to supplements or fishoil or fat burners supplements.
  • wingedcreature
    Options
    could it be bile???
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

Are you taking Alli?
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mine was caused by the bowel damage from eating gluten when I didn't realize I was gluten intolerant. Several months after going gluten free, when my bowel started healing, it went away.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    could it be bile???

From what I understand, bile in stool is usually black or very dark in color, not yellow.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I learned about this in class on thursday

Its Fat basically.

Atleast its not sticking to u
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are nit taking alli, then I would guess it was bile. Did it burn? If I digest something to fast, or eat something my body doesn't agree with, it gets 'rushed through' the system- and the bile in the stool will turn the water yellow or orange. But I would guess you are taking alli, or you have an issue w/ your gallbladder.

Gallbladder issues crop up allot in women who loose weight. Google it.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    could it be bile???

From what I understand, bile in stool is usually black or very dark in color, not yellow.

bile that has had plenty of time in transit turns the stool brown. bile that hasn't had enough time is still yellow. Ever get the flu and the dry heaves after you've vomited up everything- but yellow stuff comes up? That's bile.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It happened to me...it was oily and orange. I really felt panic and a sense of doom. I googled it...you should too. I was eating too many cashews and they were going thru undigested and I had been sick. The orange was bile. It could be serious if you are not eating oily things...it means foods are going through undigested. Explained by something with food you eat OR something wrong with your liver, bile duct, etc. Read up on the Internet.
  • asticoral
    Options
    Its the grease from Thursdays meals :laugh: I love your stupidity addition to your diary by the way, I'm going to add that to mine.

How long has this been going on? If not too long, keep a close eye on everything you eat for a few more days, add some good dark vegetables to your diet; broccoli, brussel sprouts and spinach and monitor the stool, if it continues get a doctors appointment.

It can be grease/fat, but it can also be a precursor to pancreatic issues besides IBS and Crones.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bile won't be oily and float on top, it will disperse throughout the water. I had this happen once when I had eaten a lot of cashews and the oil from the cashews floated on the water.

If it continues to happen see a doctor because there's a disease where you can't digest fats correctly.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've had that if I eat something very greasy/fatty — or just generally all-around not good for me!