Should I workout today?

Options
I want to workout, I've completed 5 days of exercise. Today is my last workout for the week, tomorrow is my rest day but my left knee is so sore it hurts to bend and unbend it. I'm suppose to do Insanity max plyo today and strength training with weights. Not sure what to do, I dont want to over strain it by working out but I also dont want to not complete my last day of the week workout. What should I do??? Workout and hope I dont make it worse or rest?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would listen to your body and rest.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with a sore knee today. It started playing up when I was doing weighted squats with my PT yesterday, and we changed the work out straight away. I normally run on a Saturday, but was told not to. The only exercise my PT recommended was swimming.

I have swapped my rest day for today, even though my knee is not hurting today.

Its best to lay off for a day or two, rather than risk worse damage and a long spell of not exercising.
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis. If I go against what my body tells me, I pay for it big time.

Listen to your body. If you absolutely 'must exercise', try and work all the other body groups that aren't currently effected, just don't push it. You can exercise properly again when you're healed. Don't let yourself get to the point of pain - that's too late and can be damaging, probably setting you back for weeks (been there, done that).
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I decided to not work out but instead go out and do yard work for a couple hours. Not a huge calorie burn but at least I feel like I got up and did something. And I'll only do upper body weight lifting later today. Thanks again everyone!