weight loos and monthly time for women only please

Options
NOT SURE WHERE TO PUT THIS LOL SO I PUT IT IN GENERAL TOPICS....

kK so Im curious about two things...

1. ive been dieting now for about 3 weeks straight and lost a nice set of weight after a break, and exercising quite a lot... Im curious if around my monthly would my weight loss be off at all, like should I wait til after my monthly then weigh in for a more accurate result...???

2. Does anyone have it where they start exercising and their monthly comes early?? I track my cycles because I cant use birth control and mine is like 13 days early!!! I was like wtf... anyone have any experience with this??

thx! :)

Replies

• lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have heard about starting a new exercise/diet plan throwing off your cycle. I didn't personally experience this, but I'm fairly sure it's a "thing."

I have personally experienced my period affecting my weight loss numbers--as we speak, actually. Had a rather disappointing weigh-in this morning b/c of it. My personal opinion (I'm sure every one has a different one on this), is that it's best for me to just weigh in as I would each week, but to know that my numbers may be a little off this particular week. I think that because it's a part of our lives that we'll deal with for awhile (ugh), it's best to just learn how to deal with it in every aspect of our lives, diet/exercise/weigh-ins not excluded. That said, every one is different, so experiment and find out what works best for you. If postponing your weigh-in a couple of days makes you feel better about yourself during those few crappy days each month, then by all means, go for it! It's all about your own personal success and what works for you.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Mine went out of whack, had no period one month, then 3 periods in a row 2 weeks apart. It's really frustrating as water no sooner off than its back on again for the next one! ..my weight hasn't changed for last 3 month just going up and down between 9st 4 and 9st 7 regardless of diet and exercise.

I usually wait until day after last day of period weigh that day then again in another couple of days. I haven't managed to get lower than 9st 4 yet though at lowest weight of month. Also I don't count the week before when water goes on..if I go up 5lb suddenly I know its coming!
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I just avoid any weighting on TOM. I usually wait until my bathroom trips are normal again so the water retention is out or at least should be.