Bathroom Scale

Options
I want to get a bathroom scale so I can keep track of my weight here at home. I am not sure of the type I should get though. I'm a little wary of digital ones, because the one at the gym generally jumps around 20 lbs every time I check. Like, one day I'm 20 lbs less, the next I'm 5 lbs more, etc. Any thoughts?

Replies

• wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a simple digital scale, probably bought it at walmart. The brand is Bodyfit. I love it. can change from lb to Kg and for pounds it measurses to 0.2 of a pound. I step on it every morning when I'm naked and just about to jump in the shower. It doesn't jump around and lets me see how my weight fluctuates a bit from day to day.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    the scale at your gym sounds broken. If you are old, like me, (ha ha 38) digital scales are the way to go. Have you SEEN how small the read outs are on traditional scales?
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just got a digital weight watchers scale a few months back at Kmart. Was under $30, and has been great. It reads to .1 pounds. And it came with little inspirational decals that make me smile when I see them. I put them on the bathroom mirror to remind myself that this is a journey.
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a bodyfit as well and i love it, i def prefer digital scales!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have digital too, a Homemedics from Bed Bath and Beyond, it is very accurate, and was even 2# more than my Dr's scale, THAT NEVER happens! ha ha it was around $30
  • CandyTX
    Options
    When I hit under 200, my good friend gifted me a Withings. OMG. I LOVE THIS SCALE. It's digital and wifi and updates to an app on my phone and I think it can do like six people. It measures body fat, etc etc. It was like $160 but I wish I had bought myself one a year ago.

Not for the faint of heart though... or budget!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I want that one that goes with the fitbit but for now I'm stuck with a walmart digital...which just told me yesterday am I lost another 1lb so we are on good terms right now
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just don't get the ones that laugh at you? :wink:
  • chizumlassstar
    chizumlassstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Three weeks ago I bought a healthometer from walmart for less than $20. It remembers you and one other person and measures to .2 pounds, and weighs up to 350. I love it. Simple to use, easy to read, and accurate. Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • rachgarm
    rachgarm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love my Taylor7402, it's smooth and wide and really accurate. The only problem is if you rest something on it on accident it glitches out (like when my 18lb cat used to lay on it lol). But it has a five year warranty no questions asked so that's good. Best price is on amazon but I think Walmart.com has it too
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I got a cheap one ($18) from Walmart that is digital and some non-fancy brand. It's white, with black grippy stuff where you stand, and red numbers, if that helps. :P Where most people tell me they weight a few times and take the lowest of them, this one is absolutely consistent for me every single time.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have a salter scale. Never let me down, very accurate, batteries last for ages. Checked it against my kettlebell weights too.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Premium-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B002MK6QKO/ref=sr_1_9?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347743249&sr=1-9&keywords=salter+scale
  • jenilyn1990
    Options
    NewlineNY SBB0828-NYFL Digital Bathroom Scale, Flowing Leaves Sense On, 400 Pound Capacity This is the one I am considering! Thoughts?
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale too and I prefer it because if its not digital, you have to look down to see how much you weight and looking down causes extra weight since your head weighs a lot...uh I'm not sure that made sense but that's what my mom told me
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the withings scale and I LOVE IT!!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I also have the weight watchers scale and I love that thing, except when i gain...lol...
  • Ashleyspal
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Glass-Chrome-Digital-Scale/dp/B0000E2PEI/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347746488&sr=8-15&keywords=digital+scale

This scale is the consumer reports rated best scale. Just got mine a few weeks ago and so far, I like it. It is simple, and from what I can tell, accurate.
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    I just got a digital weight watchers scale a few months back at Kmart. Was under $30, and has been great. It reads to .1 pounds. And it came with little inspirational decals that make me smile when I see them. I put them on the bathroom mirror to remind myself that this is a journey.

I also have the weight watchers scale, i wasn't aware of the inspirational decals. going to dig through my mess to find that thing right now haha
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I also have a similar one that the second commentor has. Got it at walmart, goes to 0.2 of a lb, and you can save your weight to it so that the next time you weigh yourself it will tell you how much you lost/gained. I'm quite fond of it.