Insanity month two?

Options
Who can tell me about it?

Replies

• 1972mom
    Options
    It will challenge you. It's called Insanity for that reason. I found that it wasn't harder than month 1, just longer. I had to push myself to push play and I did make it through. Now other cardio seems easy. Just do what you can and it gets easier.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    The warm up is a little longer and different. The workouts last longer, between 45-55 minutes rather than 30-40. There are lots of different moves too, so it's nice to switch it up. After I finished Insanity I haven't done a workout from Month 1 any more because Month 2 workouts are much more satisfying to do and complete.

How are you feeling now and how far are you into Month 1?
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 3, day 5. I'm feeling good. My upper body strength has improved immensely, but anything with pushup in the name is still difficult. The cardio aspect of it is difficult, but I'm a long distance runner and have been able to do all workouts not skipping any days. Pure cardio is my favorite day, while I don't like Plyo circuit. Its not so much the moves that I don't like but the circuit, I don't like knowing whats coming next and having to repeat it. I'm currently breastfeeding and eating 1500 calories a day, I track and eat my exercise calories twice a week. I may start every day though during month two though depending on how I feel.
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with what 1972mom said. Totally right about month 2. Doesnt seem harder than month 1 but longer. I personally found it still hard to complete but its worth the effort :)
  • samlankford
    Options
    month 2 workouts are great, longer so it makes it seem harder...
  • emontiel13
    Options
    So have you noticed your body starting to tone? I have insanity and really want to start it now that Ive lost 30 lbs and I want to tone, everyone tells me its great..is it?
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a difference, although at 5'7 and 156 lbs I'm not in the toning phase yet, still trying to blast fat. From everything I've read on here, toning comes from weight training. I plan to start a heavy weight lifting program 3 days a week with insanity workouts two days a week once I complete Insanity once all the way through.
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It will challenge you. It's called Insanity for that reason. I found that it wasn't harder than month 1, just longer. I had to push myself to push play and I did make it through. Now other cardio seems easy. Just do what you can and it gets easier.

+1 not harder just longer that makes it harder iykwim, my 1st week of the max workouts i'm pretty wrecked and looking forward to my rest day lol
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So have you noticed your body starting to tone? I have insanity and really want to start it now that Ive lost 30 lbs and I want to tone, everyone tells me its great..is it?

I havent noticed any toning yet because i still have some fat left to lose on my body. I lost 12.5 lbs by doing insanity only (lost 37 lbs total doing other workouts too) and i have around 10 extra lbs of fat left to lose. I did notice the difference on the inches (lost 2 pants size) so if i would keep doing insanity and eating well i am sure i would definitely tone!