Oatmeal?

Options
13»

Replies

• aubhob
    Options
    i like the quaker packet weight control banan bread only one gram of sugar but good protein and fiber
  • fresprit57
    fresprit57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    agave syrup & fresh blueberries do the trick...anti-oxidant is the added bonus.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My favorit way to eat it is with half a banana, 1 tbps of peanut butter and 1 tsp of cocoa

Um. The EXACT way I love it:) lol and I add protein powder, too to fill me up even longer!

Omg edit to add EGG WHITES! Trust me you will all thank me and love me every morning when you eat it.
  • Cookiedough9
    Options
    I looooove oatmeal/porridge

Always goes great with a banana
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    dried fruits. I love em especially raisins in my oatmeal :)
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't believe all the stories about sweeteners besides the controversies are just too much and confusing. I use a pinch of salt while cooking and a table spoon of good old sugar 30 calories (better the devil u know than the angel u do not know), sometimes I use honey whc to me is worse cos a tsp is 30 calories and a handful of peanuts. :wink:
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i like to add a wee bit of real maple syrup. :)
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat oatmeal is in a protein smoothie with peanut butter and bananas. I don't really care for "mushy" oatmeal, but a big plate of fruit and granola are right up my alley!
  • lowerbsnow
    lowerbsnow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have recently started eating oatmeal in the morning to try and help me lose weight. The old fashioned stove top kind, not the packets. I have been using a little brown sugar to flavor it, but it's still a little bland. Any suggestions?

I put blueberries and raspberries in mine. I buy a bunch of blueberries and raspberries when they are in season, then I lay them out on a cookie sheet and freeze them. They stay individually frozen until I put them in my oatmeal bowl. I usually zap them in the microwave for 30 seconds before I cook them with my oatmeal in the microwave. I also put about a tsp of cinnamon in also.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I <3 my oatmeal. I eat it almost every day. I use old fashioned oats, mix oatmeal 1:2 with water in my small pyrex bowel, pop it in the microwave for 2:30 min, mix in 1 tsp real butter, stevia (an all natural sweetner) and a little apple pie seasoning. Sometimes I use pumpkin pie seasoning. Sometime I add fresh fruit.

Thanks for the great post, and thanks to all the others for their creative and delicious sounding replies! gonna try some of these variations! Yum Yum
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Any or all of the above!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Protein pancake:

Whisk together 3/4 cup egg whites, 28 grams of plain oatmeal, 1/8 cup water, ¼ tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon & splenda to taste, let sit for about 5 mins. Fry in pam-sprayed frying pan like a pancake. Cut into wedges & enjoy!

If you need more protein just add a little whey protein powder OR you can add peanut butter for a topping instead of syrup.
    Always helps me eat my oatmeal.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Coconut Palm Sugar...yummy caramelized flavor. Use the same amount as you would sugar (or, less). I've been using it since Dr. Oz recommened it on his show. Here's more info, I never use anything else...
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/280219-healing-benefits-of-coconut-palm-sugar/
  • sundrine
    Options
    I eat oatmeal almost every morning because it keeps me full for a long time.
    My oatmeal looks like this: 1/2 c dry oatmeal, one banana, a bit of brown sugar, and about 1/4 c plain soymilk.
    I had a nutritionist who approved of this breakfast very much. I love the banana in it, but peaches and apples, even walnuts are awesome. Also, steel cut oats are delicious as well, with a unique texture that might appeal to someone who needs to switch things up.