I QUIT

Options
124»

Replies

• misscrazO
    misscrazO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I may have to try the ecig. I have one but never use it. I have a patch on right now but I keep taking it off to smoke :(
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    That is awesome. This is definitely a success story! :)
  • slprout
    slprout Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how great it feels to finally kick the habit. I also quit with the help of e-cigs, smoked my last Virginia Slims on 6/9/09 and haven't looked back since.
  • beckssmith70
    Options
    Well done! I bought the ecigs several months ago and they are sitting still in the drawer, took one puff and did not like the taste, I will dig them out and give it a go again, thanks for the inspiration x
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It will be one of the best things you have ever done for yourself.

PLUS one to that

I quit 40 years ago and still think of it as the best thing I have done in my life.
  • charlottelouise12345
    Options
    Congratulations :D

Link=Every Cig you DONT smoke is doing you good! Wanted to post it as a pic but don't know how..? :p maybe it'll work this time!

http://bettertobreathe.com/2012/09/02/stop-smoking-start-repairing/
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D

Link=Every Cig you DONT smoke is doing you good! Wanted to post it as a pic but don't know how..? :p

https://upworthy-production.s3.amazonaws.com/nugget/500428ebcd12130002002199/
    attachments/Smoking_health_benefits_female.jpg

EDIT: Can't get pic to show either :(
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !!!!!!!! I have lost a precious Aunt. & Uncle to lung cancer from smoking. So proud you were able to quit!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    HEARTIEST CONGRATS!!!! Imo, quitting cigs is even harder than losing weight, imo.
    BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE GOING ON FOR YOU over here!!!
    emo49.gifemo49.gif
    emo26.gif
    Take care you do not reach for even one puff, even one(1) cig, ever, not ever,
    and watch out for .H.A.L.T moments you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.....sometimes those moments can be triggers or weak spots where you might be vulnerable. Also, beware of times you have any booze in your belly, cuz THAT does lower your resistance..............one good buzz might equal "a cig is in your mouth".:sad:

Also, for whatever it's worth,
    i once heard a remark, "If the crave for a smoke comes on, the crave WILL pass in 5 or 10 minutes, whether you HAVE the cigarette OR NOT:noway: ....so watch the clock, and realize, the crave will be over in a few minutes."
    have a back up plan,
    i am glad you are doing so so well, but be braced with back up plans for craves, have carrotts, gum, take walks, showers, whatever....this is one tough project, so keep on quitting!!! YOU SHOULD BE POPPING PROUD OF YOURSELF!!:drinker:

.....BEST OF LUCK FOR CONTINUED PROGRESS,
    and remember,
    even one (1) effin puff,:smokin:
    even YEARS from now,:noway: can send you back into full blown addiction, so never ever even take one (1) puff ever..
  • jenneal89
    Options
    That's amazing! Great job!!!!
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! :drinker:

YOU GO GIRL! No my caps isn't broken...Just so stoked that U
    my dear friend are free of that darn, smelly, irritating monkey :laugh:
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    That is fantastic! Really trying to wrap my head around quitting. Gained 50 lbs the first time I quit and I don't want to go there again. Thanks for posting - you've inspired me!
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is soo awesome! I quit myself 7weeks ago today. I used patches then the e-cig. I am all done with tobacco. I feel so free! Like with you, the E-cig really helped. I am not using it or the patches anymore, I have been done with both over a week now.
    :happy:
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    HEARTIEST CONGRATS!!!! Imo, quitting cigs is even harder than losing weight, imo.
    BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE GOING ON FOR YOU over here!!!
    emo49.gifemo49.gif
    emo26.gif
    Take care you do not reach for even one puff, even one(1) cig, ever, not ever,
    and watch out for .H.A.L.T moments you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.....sometimes those moments can be triggers or weak spots where you might be vulnerable. Also, beware of times you have any booze in your belly, cuz THAT does lower your resistance..............one good buzz might equal "a cig is in your mouth".:sad:

Also, for whatever it's worth,
    i once heard a remark, "If the crave for a smoke comes on, the crave WILL pass in 5 or 10 minutes, whether you HAVE the cigarette OR NOT:noway: ....so watch the clock, and realize, the crave will be over in a few minutes."
    have a back up plan,
    i am glad you are doing so so well, but be braced with back up plans for craves, have carrotts, gum, take walks, showers, whatever....this is one tough project, so keep on quitting!!! YOU SHOULD BE POPPING PROUD OF YOURSELF!!:drinker:

.....BEST OF LUCK FOR CONTINUED PROGRESS,
    and remember,
    even one (1) effin puff,:smokin:
    even YEARS from now,:noway: can send you back into full blown addiction, so never ever even take one (1) puff ever..
    I have actually not had the urge to smoke a cigarette, my husband still smokes his E cig in front of me and we went out to the festival today and I saw lots of people smoking but had not even a thought of smoking myself. Also I don't worry about alcohol cuz i quit drinking in January, funny because I found out AFTER I quit that I have a alcohol intolerance so I shouldn't be drinking anyway lol
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your blessing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!