Why is it.....?

Options
That I'm STILL not happy with my legs? I look in the mirror and I see cottage cheese and flab and it's so frustrating! I'm otherwise pretty dang happy with my body, well, except my now even smaller than before breasts, but that's another story. Anyway I do squats and lunges and when I do the treadmill I do inclines. But to me my legs really don't loook any different than they did 26 lbs ago! I really don't know what to do. I'm just annoyed and needed to vent to people I know will understand.

Replies

• sweetteacher123
    Options
    Sometimes, as women, we expect the perfection we see in magazines and on tv. For most of us, this is not real! Focus on your good points, not your negative. I know that is easier said than done, but truthfully, most of our flaws can't be changed! They are genetic. As for the small breasts: Victoria's Secret is a great place to shop! Good luck and remember, the most attractive part of any woman is her...confidence!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I've read about 90% of women have cellulite.
    Here's an eye opening article: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1009707&page=3
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I agree with sweetteacher, "Sometimes, as women, we expect the perfection we see in magazines and on tv. For most of us, this is not real! Focus on your good points, not your negative."

Sometimes we need to train our brain to think differently. I would shelve the thoughts on your legs everytime they come up. The only one it's bothering is YOU and you're wasting valuable time and energy focusing on something that you might not be able to change!

We ALL have flaws :)
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Plus, even though magazines say they don't, a lot of stars are "retouched".

For quick temp fixes, try a self tanner. Sometimes I find when my skins' a little darker, I don't always see it than when I'm ghost white. I have it too. My legs I don't expect to change much, even though I'd like them too.

And I agree with sweetteacher, VS has great bras for us "smaller" women! :)
  • FitnessOver50
    Options
    If you want to specifically target your legs and see results - I would hire a trainer.

Everyone is different so some of the exercises you do may not be right for you in particular.

A trainer can solve that problem for you and save you a lot of grief.

Peter
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    The way I look at it is I know I am way more judgemental about my body than anyone else. When I look in the mirror I tend to see the imperfections and not the success. I do think this has alot to do with media. When I was younger I saw the magazines and thought that is what I had to look like. What can I say I was young and did not know the pictures were retouched. Now I know that even people I think are perfect have body issues to. If Tyra Banks as beautiful as she is has cellulite I am not going to be too upset that I have cellulite also.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I think we all have what we consider trouble areas
    I No matter how much weight i loose I will always hate my tummy
    My entire family is apple shaped and after 2 kids 18 mnths apart and loosing the baby weight I still have a pouch....I tried South Beach...tried 30 day shred.....just going ot have to learn to live with it and accentuate the positive

Kim
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! Overall satisfaction with my weight and body...great. Thighs- not so much. I've lost over 20 pounds, am one pound away from my goal weight and can wear a pair of shorts from high school (not that I would- they're hideous, but still inspirational) and I still fixate on my upper legs. I have found that the more expensive your jeans, the better your booty and legs look...so maybe splurge if you can. On the bright side, you're doing great and are keeping motivated. :-) I'm glad others feel this way as I've been feeling shallow.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Plus, even though magazines say they don't, a lot of stars are "retouched".

For quick temp fixes, try a self tanner. Sometimes I find when my skins' a little darker, I don't always see it than when I'm ghost white. I have it too. My legs I don't expect to change much, even though I'd like them too.

And I agree with sweetteacher, VS has great bras for us "smaller" women! :)

I agree, my legs look better when they're darker.
  • megbar1979
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I knew there'd be others out there who understood. We women are so hard on ourselves sometimes. I know that I'm harder on myself most of the time than anyone else could ever be. But I feel better now that I've let it out!
  • megbar1979
    Options
    The way I look at it is I know I am way more judgemental about my body than anyone else. When I look in the mirror I tend to see the imperfections and not the success. I do think this has alot to do with media. When I was younger I saw the magazines and thought that is what I had to look like. What can I say I was young and did not know the pictures were retouched. Now I know that even people I think are perfect have body issues to. If Tyra Banks as beautiful as she is has cellulite I am not going to be too upset that I have cellulite also.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on your weight loss! That's an awesome accomplishment!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near perfect but biking and spinning have helped them a lot.