How often do you weigh and measure?

Options
Happy Saturday!!
How often do you guys weigh and measure? I just started 2 weeks ago and have been weighing every Friday morning, but haven't measured at all, (yet.)
Also, do you feel more motivated by weighing/measuring more/less often?

Thanks!!! :-)

Replies

• SharonW2013
    SharonW2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I measured myself about once a month and weigh myself at the same time.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Thanks!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. It keeps me on track. If i'm up a couple pounds I don't freak, I try to figure out if I ate a high fat meal, too much sodium or if I've been off my game for a few days it keeps me in check. Every day weigh in doesn't work for everyone. The daily up and down can be stressful. When I first started I only did once a week and it seemed to work pretty well. Good luck.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    When I was younger I would weigh myself every single day. However, that didn't work well for me as some days even though I ate really healthy and exercised I still gained weight. Now I weigh myself once a month and have decided to measure once every three months.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher - it's just a habit. I don't let the daily fluctuations bug me, I think it's fascinating how the body can go up or down by several pounds every day due to various things - sodium, new exercise, not enough water, time of the month, etc.

I measure far less often, probably every 6-8 weeks, mostly because I think it's a pain. :tongue: But it is also a much better way to track progress.
  • Paullei
    Options
    I weigh twice a week and measure once a month. I've found that by weighing both on the weekend and mid-week, I tend to stay on track instead of "making up" calorie overloads by skimping the next day. It's a head game I know, but it works for me.
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and measure every 2 weeks.
  • MonicaMeeks
    MonicaMeeks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and measure myself every two weeks.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I measure once a month and weigh every day.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    Weigh in every two weeks measure once a month
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    i weigh myself every saturday officially and once in a while during the week i just go on for fun. as for weighing myself i havent done that yet cause i dont have a measuring tape