looking for low carb buddies :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ScottiePP7
    ScottiePP7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Always welcome to an add from fellow mfp people.

I am doing low carb. I am keeping under 20 on 90% of may days, sometimes I go up into the 20s (usually by mis-guessing carb counts on some veggies). I am also trying to limit my calories to stay bellow 1,500.

I mainly eat turkey and mustard haha
  • lanell26
    lanell26 Posts: 19
    Options
    i also started low carb a few weeks back and finally started losing. mostly i stay at 70 a day and they mostly come from
    fruits and veggies. was in a rut b4 i started low carb. i am loving it :) GOOD LUCK TO ALL U:)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Check out the Paleo diet. I'm real interested in it myself, just hate giving up my yogurt.
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    Try as hard as possible - not no carb... but low for sure, feel free to add me :)
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do low carbs..definitely need to do better with it though. Feel free to add me!
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am trying to cut the carbs but have not been totally successful yet (damn that beer). Always looking for likeminded folks though.
  • emtrem
    emtrem Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, would love a low carb buddy. I did the Atkins diet years ago, and there is something about the rigidity of it, and the rules that seems to suit me, it's like I need clear boundaries. When I have these, I can be very strict with myself, and it works! I don't know whether I will do that diet again per se, but am planning to start low carb diet in the next few weeks. Am stocking up on low carb foods at the moment, and tend to get stuck in a rut of eggs, tuna and low fat cheese triangles, brocolli and spinach. new ideas would be awesome, as would the motivation of others, so add me if you want! :smile:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've been on Atkins and I lost 65 lbs in about 11 months but I started to stall so I switched to Paleo and lost 10lbs in about 60 days (since I've been on MFP) so I'm switching back to Atkins for a while to drop some weight quickly. I will miss pineapple espically and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have some cheat days :)
    Feel free to add me but please include a note. Thanks :)
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Need some lo carb friends too! Did lo carb & then fell of the wagon. Need to get motivated again! Feel free to add me!
  • TokenFatGirlNoMore
    Options
    I finally committed to the ketogenic diet 5 days ago. Anyone can add me if they'd like.

Also, it's worrying me how people are mentioning "low fat", keeping fats low, etc. Keeping fats high is very important in a low-carb diet in order to keep you full longer and to avoid "rabbit starvation". Fats should come from food like meats, dairy, cheese, avocados, etc as well as healthy oils like olive and coconut (avoid soy, corn, vegetable).
  • csandra1219
    Options
    low carb here! add me!
  • cubsfan1990
    Options
    Doing low carb, trying to reach ketosis. Looking for any advice, or any other low-carbers for motivation! feel free to add me and thanks so much!! :)
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been low-carb again since January of this year. Sent you a request.
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Doing relatively low carb.....around 20-25% of daily intake while always staying below 100 carbs and getting around 210 g protein and 80 grams fat.

Feel free to add me.
  • Jack3r
    Jack3r Posts: 96
    Options
    Im also on a low carb diet, I have been following paleo since February 7'th and have lost 55lb, feel free to add me anyone.
  • mellybelly08
    Options
    What do you eat on a low carb diet? I'm interested in trying! Do you just get rid of breads pasta and potatoes?
  • les8186
    les8186 Posts: 2
    Options
    Same here I've been on atkins for about a month. Could always use more motivation and reciepe ideas :) feel free to add me!
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, Have decided to start induction tomorrow.

Feel free to add me!!
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm low-carb and primal. My set goal for carbs is <100g/day, but I usually eat <50 since I gave up grains. I can't do paleo...I like cheese, cream, and yogurt too much :-) I'm always looking for more friends!
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I started induction today......been on Atkins before and it does work......but like all and any type of lifestyle it only works IF YOU make it work......
    Linda's Low Carb site is great for recipes and ideas.....I have to gain control and stop the cycle.....Add me for help and support...