New to the site!

Options
Hi, my name is Kristen and I am new to this website. I am trying to lose 35 pounds by the summer! AHHHH! I believe I CAN do it! I definately need friends because as of right now i have only one :(. I basically just need some encouragement and advice that can help me reach my goal. If you are or were of similiar weight and height and have lost or are trying to lose weight I would love to hear how that is going for you so that I can have a better idea of what to expect! Thankssss :D

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    welcome! you can do it definaely! and we all need friends. Stick with this site....
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Welcome, Kristen! I started last month and lost 8 pounds - have about 50 pounds to lose. This is a great place to get support. There's a great group in the forums - working for a 5 pound a month weight loss - lots of active folks & support:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79451-5-pound-a-month-february-2010-challenge

Good luck! And feel free to email me if you have any questions or just want some support.

~ Shivaun
  • kristenpilar646
    kristenpilar646 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! You seem to be doing well! I hope this works for me because I will DEFINATELY be committed no matter what tempts me (i.e. FOOD!....LOL) :bigsmile:
  • kristenpilar646
    Options
    Thank you Shivaun!

Eight pounds in one month is awesome! I am trying to lose about 40 pounds so hopefully I can achieve that goal in a timely manner!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    TRACK you food every, every day. Weight loss is slow so set realistic goals. YOu so pretty and you can do it.
  • kristenpilar646
    Options
    Thank you kellygirl5538! You have made tremendous progress! THAT IS AWESOME! I will definately be tracking my food intake daily! How long did it take you to lose that much weight?
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck reaching your goal! I would like to look better by the summer, but I don't really have a time set goal. I am 180 now and am trying to eventually get down to 135. If I could get down to 160 by the summer I think I'd be happy but I really hope I can do even better!! I am looking forward to looking better in my clothes and having to buy new jeans because mine are too big! I want to feel better shopping for clothing!

I used to use this website a lot and i lost like 4 pound in two weeks, but I just got back into the habit about two weeks ago, and unfortunately I can't weigh myself at college. I am a freshman in college, but my weight has pretty much remained the same since the summer. I'm going to wait to weigh myself until I get home so I can see a big difference!
  • bookieknew
    Options
    Hey Girl Im new here to and I definately believe you when it comes to Christ, but sometimes this diet gets heavy
  • bookieknew
    Options
    I would like to look better by the spring and thats around the corner I got to get my exercise routine together, but good luck to you!
  • kristenpilar646
    Options
    @ Bkrbrandice: I am 190 trying to get down to 150 the beginning of my fall semester. I would be happy if I were 165 by the beginning of the summer. I gained weight so fast after high school because i went from cheering and dancing and being very active to nothing at all and yet still eating the same, probably more and it took its effect very quickly. Good luck on your weight loss!

@ Bookiknew: I would like to start seeing some results by the beginning of spring or at least by Easter. I am trying to formulate a routine I can stick to with all that I have going on. Good luck to you too!