Low Sugar Breakfast Cereal?

Options
Any recommendations for a low sugar breakfast cereal? I'm trying to keep my daily under 36 grams of sugar total.

Thanks!

Sam

Replies

• zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Any recommendations for a low sugar breakfast cereal? I'm trying to keep my daily under 36 grams of sugar total.

Thanks!

Sam

Oatmeal. :)
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ah, I should have mentioned that I prefer something cold. And... cold oatmeal doesn't cut it :P
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Organic HIgh Fiber Os.
  • sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here are a few suggestions I recvd from my nutritionist .... Corn,Rice,Wheat chex mix. Kix, Total, Kellogg Cripix, Kellogg corn flakes, Kellogg rice Krispies Cherrios, Wheaties

Hope this helps
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat. and read the box labels Lots of cereals have not much for nutrition. Check, sugar , fiber, protein per serving.
    And size of serving.
  • madmish00
    Options
    Alpen Original No Added Sugar
  • ShoOff007
    Options
    1 cup of regular Cheerios. There's only 1 gram of sugar. Where the problem lies is in the milk, half a cup of 1 percent milk has 6 grams of sugar.
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! These are great suggestions.

Sam
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the Cheerios. I just wish I could get my kid to eat them again. He used to, but once he tried the sugary cereals there was no going back. I settle for Honey Nut Cheerios for him these days.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    1 cup of regular Cheerios. There's only 1 gram of sugar. Where the problem lies is in the milk, half a cup of 1 percent milk has 6 grams of sugar.
    Unsweetened Almond Breeze (no sugar) is good on Cherrios, then sweeten with Stevia if you need some sweetness.
  • foodie178
    foodie178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    the original go lean cereal! for a whole cup there's 13 g of protein and only 6 g of sugar. and although this next one's not low sugar, i always mix a cup of go lean with a cup of that organic "lucky charms" style cereal to add flavor- super yummy!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Make your own muesli by mixing oats, nuts and maybe some dried fruit.

Store bought ones usually have sugar in them and by making your own you spend way less money and you can put in it what you like.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How about no added sugar muesli - watch out for the cals though there are loads in but if you could the portion size down it could help