Runners I need your help!

Options
I went running today and my legs are a little sore. But my right hip (kind of close to by butt) hurts and I don't know why. I know I wasn't running correctly cause I'm still learning, but what exactly did I do wrong? I want to go again tomorrow. Should i rest a day? I don't want to hurt myself even more.

Replies

• EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    A hip problem could mean a number of different things. So it's hard to tell but I wouldn't start your run tomorrow if you're still in pain. It may also be your sciatic nerve. Have you tried ice?
  • Squints80
    Options
    too much, too soon, too fast .......get a couch to 5 k program and follow it!
    It's really easy to get injured running.
    Start slow and build on that,,,,you should start with at least one rest day in between runs...
    Stretch lots....and remember to ease up the mileage....
    There is a couch to 5 k app that really makes it easy....so to speak
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Start slow and build on that,,,,you should start with at least one rest day in between runs...

On the In-Beteen days you can do callisthenics, right? Or should you not??
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options

On the In-Beteen days you can do callisthenics, right? Or should you not??
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My hip hurts when I start to run flat-footed, which happens after I start to get tired. I have to be very mindful of how my feet are hitting the pavement or I will end up in some terrible pain after I am finished!
  • jazz161
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I decided I'll go today but take it at a fast walk. I didn't notice yesterday how far I was going yesterday since my goal was to just finish the rail trail in my town. When I got home I noticed it was 3.08 miles lol. So I pretty much did a 5k. Maybe that was a bad idea.
  • 45taylor
    45taylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make sure and stretch!!!! before and after!! very important. I got kind lazy and started skipping stretching and had same complaint. stretching has helped greatly.:smile:
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    yeah, just because you have the endurance to run 3 miles, it doesn't mean that the rest of your body is ready for it. I learned this the hard way by getting stress fractures in my feet.

Couch to 5k: it may be boring if your endurance is high, but it's the way to go if you want to prevent injury.