Arg, went over

Options
The dinner I had planned would have left me with plenty of calories for a snack even, but our plans changed. We had an appointment tonight and when I got home from work I had a headache so bad I thought I was going to throw up. My finace told me to go lay down for a while and we would grab dinner on the way to the appointment. So we ended up getting white castle, and I went over by 285 calories!

I really hope it didn't hurt me too bad, if I lose at least a pound this week, I will have lost 50 total! And if I lose that pound, I can take the pictures that I take every 10 pounds (seems like ages since I took them last, it has taken so long to lose another 10).

Replies

• snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try and work out today or even tomorrow enough to counteract the extra calories you had for dinner. if i find i'm more hungry one day i just make sure i work out a little longer on the elliptical or treadmill. Just though i would try and maybe give you a way not to feel so stressed about those extra cal's seems to work for my mindset anyways. 50 lb loss is awesome!!! congrats
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    Boy do I hear ya!!! But....I totally agree with snowflowr82, I just make sure I work out a little extra the next day. DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF! You have done so, incredibly, awesome- you are an inspiration to me! :happy:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Try and work out today or even tomorrow enough to counteract the extra calories you had for dinner. if i find i'm more hungry one day i just make sure i work out a little longer on the elliptical or treadmill. Just though i would try and maybe give you a way not to feel so stressed about those extra cal's seems to work for my mindset anyways. 50 lb loss is awesome!!! congrats

Yeah I can at least proudly say that today was my PLANNED day off from the gym, not just "I didn't go cause I was too lazy". So no working out for me today, but I will for sure try to leave some extra calories tomorrow in an attempt to break even.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Boy do I hear ya!!! But....I totally agree with snowflowr82, I just make sure I work out a little extra the next day. DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF! You have done so, incredibly, awesome- you are an inspiration to me! :happy:

Aww thanks, it's nice to be someones inspiration. The key is, get married if you're not already. My weightloss has been at a standstill since July, but since getting engaged two weeks ago, I've lost 3 pounds, lol.
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    Well...already married 6.5 years now. And yes - my wedding was a huge incentive to lose weight then- which I did and gained it back over the years. Now I am just doing it as a change in my life. But, I know that I was making very unhealthy eating choices and that is the biggest thing I want to change in not only my life, but my whole family's life.

I was just complaining to my friend last night that I have not seen any results in these past three weeks and it is very frustrating, but I am feeling so much better internally because of my workouts. I finally measured myself this morning and found that I lose some major inches. The weight will come off in time....as long as I see some results somewheree - I'M STICKING WITH IT !!!!!