Finding 1200 Calories impossible!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Find a way to exercise then you can eat more. I find it very difficult to eat that little too. I tend to eat more around 1400 and that extra 200 calories really helps and I'm still losing weight.
  • kim959706
    Options
    I coach soccer two nights a week so I have started to try and jog with the kids when I make them do laps. I also try to do zumba at least one night. And then I do sit ups or something to on other nights. I'm slowly finding time to incorporate some exercise into my daily routine. It's all just an adjustment. I haven't ever had to diet or exercise before and maintained a good weight. But after my daughter was born I just haven't gotten my body back and I realized it wasn't coming back on it's own like it used to lol... getting too old I guess. I gotta step up and do something.

I did change my profile to 1 lb loss per week and that put me at 1240 per day for calories. Maybe that will help me not feel like I am just failing at this.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have five young children and am also very busy- fresh fruit and veg are far cheaper and more filling than processed junk, my grocery bill would be obscenely high if I fed my family processed/ pre-prepared foods all the time.
    It takes literally minutes to chuck a cabbage and some carrots through a food processor and make coleslaw. Baked potatoes take 3-4mins in a microwave, serve with grated carrot, light sour cream and some cajun seasoning. Whole-wheat pasta cooked in boiling water for ten minutes then chuck through a couple of cans of pureed flavoured tomatoes, add in some sliced salami if you like. (that's one of my kids favourites.) There are heaps of fantastic quick and healthy recipes out there.
    If you get more nutritious foods into your diet your body won't feel like it's missing out and crave stuff that's unhealthy, and you'll feel a heap better.
    If you do increase your cals up to 1700 odd make sure it's with fresh fruit and veg, it will help.