Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hello, my name is chris... and i'm an over-eater

BigandTallCub
BigandTallCub Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
salutations! as i said, my name is chris... and i'm an over-eater. always have been, probably always will be. i know , i know, i'm already admitting defeat , but i have no willpower (yet) when it comes to food. i weighed almost 10 pounds and was 24 inches long at birth (and i was early, my poor mother), and have been the "big boy" ever since. anywho, my friend janelle signed me up for this (ironically, we have the same last name, hence i refer to her as the wifey). i don't really have a goal weight in mind, although, if i ever see 245 i'm wearing a speedo in public! i just want to feel comfortable in my clothes, particularly pants, and not wince when i see myself in photos. i have a fairly decent self-image, i just want to lose the spare tire. i enjoy exercising, particularly running and maybe yoga (since i want to be leaner and firmer),and am more likely to stick to a workout regimen than i am to eating more healthy. so, that's a little about me!

Replies

• Welcome to the club! I totally understand how you said you have self confidence but you just want a better body image. I'm one of those people that just LOVES FOOD! I like trying new things and cooking, but I'm also one of those people that will eat when im nervous, stressed, or upset. Food is my comfort and I think thats what I need to work on most! So good luck to you Chris and I hope u get to ur speedo goal super fast... hopefully I'll make it to my bikini goal! lol :drinker: :laugh:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    I know how you feel, I eat constantly when I'm bored and have nothing better to do. I feel like when I'm watching TV or a movie, I should be eating some kind of snack. And I'm the person who will always eat whatever's on her plate, no matter how much. And I always go back for seconds!! But I'm working really hard on trying to get into better eating habits!

So stay strong, most of us know how you feel and are trying to work on the same things! Good luck reaching your goals!!! :)
  • Welcome! I'm a big time emotional eater, if I have a good day lets have some ice cream, if I have a bad day, lets have some ice cream. :) I have only been on here two days but I really like it so far. Trackign the food has been amazing to see how bad I actually am eating. i thought I was pretty Ok, but my love for real butter is a very very bad habit. Good luck! I know you can do it!
  • Glad to see you started on here it is a big help and helps you pin point everything you put in your mouth as for exercise i have been at this 1 month and i am quite addicted to surpassing my goals every week, start with what is comfortable and work it up !!!
    try at least 20 min 6 times a week, we learned at our fitness class that you burn carbs the first 7 minutes of cardio and the next 7 you burn protien and the last 7 is fat so i keep that in mind at all times as well!!! Good luck to you!!!
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Amen! I love good food...any food, actually! I struggle in particular with southern home cooking. CORNBREAD namely...and my momma's secret ingredient for every dish is a stick of butter! It's human nature to want more of something that tastes or feels good. I'm sure I will struggle with it for life :sad:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    welcome!! i need to lose my spare tire too!! good luck :)
  • everoha
    everoha Posts: 2 Member
    Good Luck, Chris. I'm an over-eater, too, but sometimes it's fun trying to make it through a day NOT overeating. Like a game that we can get better and better at - NOT over-eating. It helps to have a community.
This discussion has been closed.