Upcoming Movies that you are excited about...

Options

Replies

• pooleekylie
    Options
    Also looking forward to Les Mis musical movie. Unfortunately I've watched the trailer and Anne Hathaway can't sing worth a damn.

Then again Johnny Depp couldn't sing, and I still love Sweeney Todd. But well...there are other factors at play on that one. :bigsmile:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've watched the trailer and Anne Hathaway can't sing worth a damn.

As a singer, I disagree with this statement. Watch "Mamma Mia!" with Pierce Brosnan singing and then we'll talk. :laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Abraham Lincoln. Love Daniel Day Lewis.
  • Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Eye of the World if it makes it through development stages. - loved those books

but for ones that will come out sooner than that:
    Looper because of the Bruce Willis man crush.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit!

I second that!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit. I think I will see it 10 times...and die a happy man.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The Eye of the World if it makes it through development stages. - loved those books

but for ones that will come out sooner than that:
    Looper because of the Bruce Willis man crush.

WoT is being filmed??!!! WHAT?!

omg /nerd
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've watched the trailer and Anne Hathaway can't sing worth a damn.

As a singer, I disagree with this statement. Watch "Mamma Mia!" with Pierce Brosnan singing and then we'll talk. :laugh:

Amen! It was painful watching Pierce sing SOS.
  • annamika510
    annamika510 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit! The music sounds amazing!

and of course Les Mis!!! I get to see the Tour show about 2 weeks before the movie comes out :)
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options

I saw it twice in theatres and both times people in the audience bursting out laughing when he sang for the first time. Hearing him actually made my throat hurt. It's a good thing he is goodlooking...
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If hollywood could ever pull their heads out of their arses and put out a decent movie for a change I'll let you know. Remaking a bad movie in 3D doesn't count. Neither does 2 hours of over done CGI.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Secrets of Being a Wallflower. Only because it was shot near where I live. I want to see if I recognize any houses.

Read the book and wonder how they even made it into a movie.
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    Secrets of Being a Wallflower. Only because it was shot near where I live. I want to see if I recognize any houses.

Read the book and wonder how they even made it into a movie.

Don't hate. I love that book. I came back just to add Perks of Being a Wallflower.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Taken II
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

I saw it twice in theatres and both times people in the audience bursting out laughing when he sang for the first time. Hearing him actually made my throat hurt. It's a good thing he is goodlooking...

What were your thoughts on Colin Firth trying to sing as well? Worse or better than 007 himself?
  • Laura_Suzie
    Options

What were your thoughts on Colin Firth trying to sing as well? Worse or better than 007 himself?

I haven't seen the movie in a while and I don't remember Colin Firth's voice very well, so it couldn't have been too impressive. I would say it was better than Pierce's though. I enjoyed Amanda Siefried voice, better than the girl in the stage production (so nasally!). Meryl was impressive, but at times really forced.
  • HoneyBadgerVin
    Options
    The Hobbit
    Cloud Atlas
    Silent Hill: Revelation
    Dredd
    Skyfall
    Red Dawn
    Chasing Mavericks
  • xiaopi
    xiaopi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did my list of what I'll be going to until December... A total of 21 movies... This Fall is refreshing compared to last year, I'm psyched, and the 2013 Oscars night is likely to be more exciting as well.

From those 21, here's my top ... 8...

Gambit - by the Coen Brothers (Fargo, No Country for Old Men)
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - by Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy, Braindead, King Kong)
    Django Unchained - by Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill)
    Cloud Atlas - by Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix trilogy, V for Vandetta)
    Samsara - by Ron Fricke (Baraka)
    Life of Pi - by Ang Lee (The Ice Storm; Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon; Brokeback Mountain; Lust, Caution)
    Seven Psychopaths - by Martin McDonagh (In Bruges)
    World War Z - by Marc Forster (Finding Neverland, The Kite Runner, Quantum of Solace)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The Hangover 3 :)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Twilight 's Breaking Dawn, Part 2.

(Please don't judge me! :bigsmile: )

THIS :blushing: