Depressed and wanting to love myself again.

Options
Hi, My name is Sarah. I went through a horrid bit a depression and I don't feel comfortable with my weight or body. I almost lost my life, my husband and everything because i just stopped caring and I want to be someone my husband is proud of. I don't want to be "that wife"anymore. I am too young to let this get to me. I need support, and a group of people like me who wants to love themselves, who wants to look at their body and say "i am sexy", people who want to make their lives better.

I don't normally ask for help, but now...even I have to admit I need to suck up my pride and ask.

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    I've recently come out of a very similar spot. Now very close to being sexy, confident me again. I'd love to talk with you so we can get you back to the best you can be
  • LoveAndRevenge
    LoveAndRevenge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've suffered from depression since the death of a very close family member. I attempted suicide, but another family member stopped me. I gained 20 pounds, and hate the way I look. I used to be really skinny. Well, not anymore. Feel free to add me!

Take care xo
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    "I am too young to let this get to me. I need support, and a group of people like me who wants to love themselves, who wants to look at their body and say "i am sexy", people who want to make their lives better."

I'm with you on that! my depression has controlled too much of my life and now i want to change it, starting with my weight. would be glad to accompany each other during our weight loss journey :')
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ive suffered from depression before and I just recently got cleared from post partum depression. It's a hard disease to beat but it can be beat! Feel free to add me if you ever need a good pep talk, motivation, support or a good listener. I'll be here for you or anyone who needs help.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ive suffered from depression before and I just recently got cleared from post partum depression. It's a hard disease to beat but it can be beat! Feel free to add me if you ever need a good pep talk, motivation, support or a good listener. I'll be here for you or anyone who needs help.

Ummm...YES! I would LOVE to talk!!! My son is going to be FOUR on the 22nd and I'm STILL on meds for what WAS post partum depression. :(
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I also struggle with depression...I was medically separated from the AF a week before my son was born. I instantly became a SAHM and didn't transition too well. Needless to say, four years later, I am still on meds and would LOVE to, one day, be off of them! I am going to friend y'all so look for it! Maybe we can start a support group of some sort. Thoughts?
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Hey girl! You're definitely NOT alone with your depression issues. I've been on and off depression and anxiety meds for years. I just lost a job due to a "bad attitude" which was actually from social anxiety and I haven't been employed for almost a year now! Anyway, we can pull through this. Have faith :)
  • proudarmywife06
    Options
    A support group for moms with PPD or who has had it would be great. It is very hard to go through. I actually had 2 suicide attempts it was so bad. But I'm glad it didnt work and that I'm here to see my son grow up. His first birthday is on the 26th. The doctor told me that I had a severe case and it was most likely brought on from my history with pregnancies. My husband and I tried for 4 years and lost 6 babies. I had a fear of losing ym son and was overly protected of him. I was hospitalized and thats where I attempted to end my life. But we can make it ladies!
  • proudarmywife06
    Options
    Admitting it and facing it is a step to being free.
  • salubriousliving
    Options
    Hey girl! You're definitely NOT alone with your depression issues. I've been on and off depression and anxiety meds for years. I just lost a job due to a "bad attitude" which was actually from social anxiety and I haven't been employed for almost a year now! Anyway, we can pull through this. Have faith :)

i'm on depression and anxiety meds for years as well. I'm sorry that you lost your job for a "bad attitude" the workplace has no idea how hard it is to be able to work with mental illnesses. hopefully you'll find one soon! :')
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Thanks, it was at a pub and grill I posted a blog about it on a social anxiety support site I've recently went on if you wanna know more message me lol. I'm hoping I'll find a good fit sooner than later. I read your about me...although I wasn't bullied as long, it went on for me for awhile-a good couple years that felt like forever! I'm really trying to move forward with my life :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I had major depression, well as anxiety.
    Once I started exercising I felt so much better and am now off meds :)

Just letting you know not to give up hope...
    Although I still have a **** selfesteem,.