I need some motivation!

Options
This has nothing to do with weight loss but I need some motivation to clean house! I have a soon to be 1 year old this month and he is going around me messing up everything I pick up or clean and if I try to put him in his walker, hes running into my feet. We dont have a play pen or hes too big for his jumper. Also he starts crying so LOUD if I'm not paying him any atention. I need to get a boost of motivation to just tackle the messy house and feel good about it!

Replies

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have 2 little ones myself (3 and 2) and I have come to the conclusion that cleaning up after them during the day is just not feasible. So when they go to bed I clean. I find it not necessary to walk after them and clean it because they are going to get it messy again. Also we have just started implementing them to clean up before bed time. Food stuff that gets cleaned right away but the toys wait....
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My son is very clingy and doesnt want me out of his site. He wont go to sleep on his own so that takes away my cleaning time and the only time I have to do it is while he's awake. Although, for 30 minutes, he watched mickey mouse and I finished the kitchen! :D
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Invite someone over.
    haha... I have found that I do the most cleaning, if any at all, if there will be guests over.
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lol I have done that before. It does help. Or especially if someone is on their way, I look like the flash picking up things and cleaning ha ha. Too bad no one could come tonight lol
  • maileeyang1
    maileeyang1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wait until after my kids go to sleep or I wake up before they do in the morning to clean up.
  • foodie178
    foodie178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YOU GOT THIS GIRL! play some dance-y music to get yourself active, give your little one a treat or activity to keep him occupied, and do what you have to do! you will feel SO much better seeing your clean house and having that accomplished feeling seeing that all your work paid off (: