Is this to much?

Options
I am 240lbs and 5'7" and I was going to start the 30 day shred today and finish around oct 15. and then start insanity oct 21. through around Christmas but i was wondering if for the 60 days I did my insanity would it be crazy of me to do two more sets of the 30 day shred. Cause I really wants to lose like 60 pounds by Christmas. So what do you guys think!

Replies

• KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I read your post and my first reaction was OMG, there is no way someone could lose 60 lbs in three and a half months. 2lb a week would be a loss of around 28 lbs. But of course your starting weight has an impact, the more you have to lose, the more you can lose each week.
    Another thought was that if you are exercising so much, you would certainly be building muscle so you might not see the scales change by as much as you hoped, but you would lose lots of inches.
    And lastly, I think it's important to fuel your body properly, I am one of those 'eat your exercise calories' people. My understanding is that I could lose weight faster if I didn't but some of the weight would be muscle mass and not fat. I would rather keep my muscle mass!!
    At the end of the day, you will need to decide what you want to do, but please be careful and listen to your body so that you can achieve your weight loss goal, but perhaps it won't be in the time that you want to. xx
  • xxbookwormbabexx
    xxbookwormbabexx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Literally the perfect answer Kelly!
  • karrathachick
    karrathachick Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't know too much about insanity or the 30 day shred so I can't help there but the only thing I woud say is if you want to lose the 60 pounds then do it, lose the 60 pounds to lose the 60 pounds, don't worry about losing it for christmas. Best of luck.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9 of 30DS and haven't seen any weight loss or inches loss, but I definitely feel good and think I am more toned (not sure how that is possible, but whatever. Perhaps all the exercise endorphines are making me delusional.)

I also think you are unlikely to see that much weight drop off if you are building muscle, as you should be. But you will be toned, lose inches, lose some weight at least, and feel much better about yourself. How about a goal of losing 20 lbs and being way more fit? If you way surpass your goals, even better! I think it's important to be realistic, so that you don't get discouraged by expecting change too fast!

Start with 30DS and see where you are after that???

Good luck!
  • MusicArtLife
    MusicArtLife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ik 60 is ALOT and I'm not really all about the numbers, but I really want to look better by that time and i thought that this would be a good way, guess not !
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I feel better after just a month of adding Barre 3 to my routine and my overall tone is better. Losing weight is great, and the exercise will make you feel better. Look at it this way, even if you lose 1-3 pounds a week between now and Christmas, that's between 10-30 pounds and you will look and feel better! You will walk taller and have a energy level... so "nike" - "just do it"!

Log your food and exercise, and go to bed each night knowing you are doing something that is good for you, your family and overall life enjoyment!
  • pigeonhugger
    pigeonhugger Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you loose the weight too fast you will be left with the saggy baggy skin. Then you will need surgery. If you loose it slower then your skin will have time to adjust - not completely but better than with the fast loss.

That said, do what works for you. Some people prefer a quick fix