Hey y'all! My journey to here.

Just wanted to take a second to say hi! My names Rob, ill be 27 on the 23rd and I'm in Houston Texas. Actually a transplant from
Chicago, but Texas is way more home to me then Chicago ever was.

Anyways my personal trainer insisted I used this site as a way for her to monitor my eating habbits. I really like the site, I've been trolling the forum here and have found good info, and inspiration.

I'm 6ft, and about 2 years ago I had reached my heaviest I've ever been. 285 pounds, and was feeling pretty crappy over all. My other big reason to drop weight was because I drag race motorcycles. The lighter you are, the faster you go. PLUS if I was to crash, typically a fit person recovers faster, and more completely.

Well I set my goal to be 240 pounds. And after nearly 6 months I was able to get down to 255 pounds with a good mix of cardio and weight training. If you look at my pic, that's at 255. I felt great, and I was starting to lean out and cut up a bit.

Shorty after hitting 255, I ended up breaking my tail bone. And that put me out of commission for almost a year. Durring that time, all that lean muscle I built turned in to fat, and gained a ton of weight back. From 255, to 320 pounds. I was devistated. So close to my goal, and then piling on a ton more weight then when I started.

Fast forward to 5 months ago now. I've managed to drop down from 320 to 285 pounds again. But it seems to be getting harder so I turned to a personal trainer (again) for some help. My goal is 240 again, but hopefully i can surpass that. But I'll need to make that call once I get there cus I don't want to look sickly thin. (I'm big boned)

I look forward to talking with y'all thought my journey!

-Rob

Replies

• Nice to meet you , I am in Texarkana Texas. Add me if you would like, I could use some cheering on ! :D
  • Aussie chick here. Feel free to add me..
  • Nice to meet you , I am in Texarkana Texas. Add me if you would like, I could use some cheering on ! :D

Drove through there a few times in the past few months. All the town names are a bit strange up that way.
  • Good morning all!! I'm Sara and back for another round lol. I took some time off here to deal with a break up and now ready to concentrate on me. About 5 years ago I weighed over 300 pounds and now trying to reach the finish line of my goal. Seems we plataeu when we try the hardest lol. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Friendly support always seems to help. Good luck to everyone!!