Brazilian...

Options
hi, everyone...i am a brazilian guy...married..and overweight....started gym and diet about 1 years and so far i am down about 20 pounds...slow and easy, i will get there...take care, you all.

Replies

• rocraz
    Options
    Hi there Carlos,

I guess that's the way to go: slow and easy, but consistently. I have done almost the same as you, but I started 3 years ago, when I was about 13 kg (28 pounds) above my goal. Since then I've lost 8 kg (17 pounds) and my body fat percentage has dropped from 22% to 14%. But I've been stuck for the last year, so now it's time to improve it and lose the final 11 pounds.

Hope to hear from you! Cheers from Brazil.
  • carlosfrederico
    Options
    Thanks, rocraz...i guess that is the way....slow and easy, you dont get back....just go on and on...
    Nice to meet you.....and lets keep it up..
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Hi, Im from Santo Domingo, DR, I agree with you, slow is better, I've found that that way you keep it off longer. Those fast diets really don't work, having a healthy lifestyle, even if it takes some time will get you there for sure!! good luck !!!! :)
  • carlosfrederico
    Options
    Hi, Nic....great to know you, from DR.....i really would like to see DR in person...seems like quite the nice place...so far, some people have told me so...well.for me it works..slow and easy..i guess other people might like it fast and hard way...still, it doesnt work for me...when on diet, i loose weight, but put it back later on...so, i do need a long term planning, i suppose.
    Take care.
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Totally agree with you, for me it is best long term, couldn't do it any other way, yes DR has some beautiful places, up in the mountains or down at the beach coast, the scenery is spectacular, but Brazil omg, I've heard is breathtaking !!!!!!!!!!! I have a couple of friends from Brazil that used to live here and they are awesome!!!