So disheartened! :'-(

Options
Did a pre-weigh this morning, my first after losing 10lbs last week, but it seems that I have gained 3lbs. :sad:

I don't have a clue why, I've not done anything different, I've even gone walking on my lunch hour this week to burn more calories alongside my usual gym routine, but my official weigh day is 2 days away and it's just really disheartened me. I feel like I worked so hard this week, maybe harder than last week, but it seems all for nothing. :cry:

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have anything to help me stop the rot, as I don't want to feel like I can't be bothered continuing with this if I'm going to end up gaining all the weight I ended up losing. :-(

Thanks

Lee.

Replies

• Boo28
    Boo28 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, this seems strange and annoying too,
    you need to make sure your eating healthy, not just within the calorie limit, maybe you ate more processed foods this week
    also it may be your sleeping, do you have a regular sleeping pattern?
    If you go to bed and wake up at the same time every day even when you haven't got work, your body's metabolism increases dramatically.
    Hope this helps in some way.

Rob
  • grimsley6902
    grimsley6902 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the same exact thing happened to me this morning.I did go way over my in my sodium though yesterday,but feel so discouraged,hopefully it's just water and will come off SOON good luck keep us posted,& don't give up!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    This has happened to me also in the past – analyzing my food diary, I realized I was way over on fats, carbs, and sodium:grumble: . I now try to keep them closer to the guidelines set… so I’ve had to modify my foods and not eat certain things on the same day menu:wink: . Definitely discouraging to say the least but don’t lose faith – you can do it. :drinker:
  • CameraGirlBond
    Options
    Don't forget your body weight will fluctuate about +/- 2lbs a day anyway. May not be as bad as you think. Weigh once a week same time and place (scales are affected by the floor they are on too)
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It is always tempting to weigh before your actual weigh day but I always avoid it now. IThe reason it is recommended that you only weigh once a week is because your body takes time to move things around and shift. Your weight can change in one day around 5lbs due to things moving around. ( I am sure there is a proper word for it but I not sure what so that will do)

You never put the weight on over night so it aint going to come off over night. Plus your first massive loss will mainly be water so it will not be like that all the time!

If you are doing what you should be then try not to worry, it will be working!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :happy: Don't just take weight as a measurement - start measuring your body dimensions...

Maybe because your working harder in the gym you have built muscle tissue that wasn't there before - muscle weighs more than fat - weight isn't directly linked to fat loss - as I take it you want to lose fat and tone your muscles - don't lose you're determination - should spur you on...

measure your arms(above the elbow), chest, waist, hips, legs, neck, calfs, ankles, wrist etc. .

When measuring yourself - don't cheat - don't suck in your belly or tense muscles - everything should be relaxed (only you will see the measurements anyway) as you will only cheat yourself. Measure the widest part of your limbs, don't pull the tape too tight keep it loose around your skin. Make sure the tape is horizontal. Measure yourself over very light clothing or none at all is best. and don't measure yourself more than once a month - (know its a long time but will give more noticeable results) otherwise you'll be discouraged by "I've lost an 1/8th of an inch". after a month it could be more like - "I've lost 1/2 inch off my waist or an inch...."

hope this helps...
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words, everyone. :-)

I'm always well under on my cals, fat, carbs, protein, sodium, fibre, etc. I don't have a change in sleep pattern, I'm normally up at 7.45am in the morning, but go bed between 12-1am.

The only difference in food is during my tea. My breakfast is always cereal, and my lunch is normally soup. I don't eat chocolate anymore and if I have crisps, it is always the low cal/fat variety. I will have a variety of foods for my tea, but will still try to be within the cals and have something that is low fat.

I'll kick on and just do what I am doing. Try to get at least 600-700 cals burned in my visits to the gym, might try and increase that slightly. I just hope this isn't a trend and I end up losing all the hard work I put in at the start.

Thanks all

Lee.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I find that if I over work my muscles and they become sore, I retain more water. Also I find at if I eat more sugary food I also retain water, (even if I am within my calorie count.)
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    Try not to worry about it, since stress "hormones" inhibit weight loss. Keep up the good work and you will meet your long term goal! =)
  • kevinj
    Options
    you need to be really careful about being under the limit on protein in particular, you want to build muscle not burn it up and for that you need protein!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much, regaining a bit throughout the weight loss process happens to probalby all of us. Do not get discouraged, just concentrate on moving forward. Calories in, calories out. That simple fact is the foundation of weight loss. If you have a deficite of calories, you will lose weight.

Stay positive about your weight loss goals. YOU CAN DO IT! :smile: