The Bike

Options
I did it, I cycled my a*se off...I am sore, I wanted to cry and breakdown, and unbelievably my stepdad (my new cycling partner) was crazy supportive (rarity)

will I be able to walk tomorrow (probably not)
will I be able to sit down the same way again for the next week (highly doubt it)

but honestly feels so amazing to think 10years no cycling, suddenly make 10.6miles (please note its - english country roads both up and downhill- amazing roses though (: )

but damn sore feels good ! (even if it meant a sore bum as well)

highest speed - 20mph (: (my papa though we'd be going 3mph!)
average speed - 12mph
same time next week..me thinks

Replies

• dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you're making me want to hit those english country roads! just got new bike but have lacked the confidence to venture out beyond our village. maybe i'll bump into you one day at a sportive bike race doing 120km!
  • clafarge
    Options
    OutSTANDing, Bamsie! 10m is a really good start. I hate to say it, but the first 100 miles or so on a saddle are the most painful. After that your... you will be better acclimated to the saddle. Use those sit-bones to perch on the back of the saddle and it will make the longer rides more comfortable in the long run.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Great. I've considered buying a bike and resuming riding after a hiatus of decades. Wish I could roll over English country roads.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    do it...whats the worst that could happen, ebay it, trying it and honestly i woke up this morning pretty sure I wasn't going to do it but it was an emotional roller coaster (bit deep there) but amazing and you that little bit extra to being the person you want to be

english country roads - amazing expect smell of cow and horse poop, the tractors, crazy farmers and speed cars seem to drive !