So Proud of Myself

Options
kiki75243
kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
I have been on this site about a month now and I am so proud of myself. I am the queen of not following through I'll start something and never finish. This time it was different I'm diabetic and have high blood pressure about to turn 31 and I have 2 small children. The odds are already stacked against me overweight, diabetic with high blood pressure. I just finally said enough is enough and i was doing research on weight loss and how to count my calories and came across this site. This site is such a blessing although I've never posted anything I always read the message boards everyone is so encouraging. So I've started counting my calories, taking vitiamins (something i've never done) and I work out everyday if not everyday at least 6 times a week. So far I've lost 20lbs I couldn't believe it I don't weigh every week because I don't want to be discourage but I noticed my clothes were to big and went down a pants size. I'm feeling really good this morning I'm on my way to reaching my first goal and making a lifestyle change for my kids and myself.

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I'm proud of you too! Great job!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too! Great job!

I'll second that! You're doing great, congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that's awesome!! Keep it up and you'll reach your goal soon!
  • bambi5014
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep it up!!
  • czar1978
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • Sarah219
    Options
    you should be pround of yourself ..well done !!!! xxxx:happy:
  • nikkia75
    Options
    you should be proud, thats a great acheivement! the weight loss is fantastic and im sure your health will have improved immensely too.
    Well done!!!! xx
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! congratulations on your success so far, and keep up the great work!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!! Keep up the hard work & dedication!!!
    You GO!!!!! :heart:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Twenty down! Way to go. Thanks for the dose of inspiration, definitely an achievement you should be proud of.
  • nurseandi
    Options
    That's awesome, so happy for you! :smile:
  • nurseandi
    Options
    That's awesome, so happy for you! :smile:
  • kiki75243
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words....
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Way to go! You've lost 20 i a month?! Goodness you're working hard! Great job!!!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You met almost half your goal in a month!?!?!??!?!?!? Geez Laweez Kiki! Great Job!
    Now if you would be so kind as to send a little of your motivation this way. lol:laugh:

Congrats, that is quite an accomplishment!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great!

But, I posted in here to say how beautiful you and your girls are. Those eyes! They are precious!
  • kiki75243
    Options
    @lina1131 thank you so much.....

I was so suprised that I dropped that much but I've really been working hard at it. I know a lot of it is water weight and the rest will probably come off slower but I'm off to a good start. We are doing a weight loss challenge at work and so far I'm winning in more ways than one. I'm loving my new lifestyle I have so much energy now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!