your next weigh in rewards

Options
Hey,

My first big weigh in is on october 20th...4days before my birthday, So a little birdy told me that its best to have "rewards" for these weigh-ins.

My reward will be

- £185 hair extensions
- £45 mani and pedi

will try and get a massage if possible

what are your reward ideas ? (prices don't need to be included !)

(if I fail I'll only get a massage and major kick up the a...)

Replies

• TheGeordie
    Options
    You won't fail :o)

"do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda!

When I hit my target I'm getting a carbon road bike :) and I'm about half way there now :o)
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I weigh weekly and measure biweekly, so for me rewards are just the satisfaction of knowing I'm this far down, etc. I will probably reward myself with a new off the rack corset when I can close my old one and rotate it smoothly on me, though that's not a numbers thing. The flexibility and the energy I get are for me daily rewards.

When I lose the weight I get a whole new wardrobe (out of necessity) and I get a custom burgundy silk corset made.
  • dijonwillis
    Options
    When i hit 180 i'm getting INSANITY!
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    New Running Shoes for me!

All the best for u!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just order jewelry for my 50 pound reward. For my 60 pound reward I'm going to get a new pair of Dansko's.. Other rewards have been: getting my nails done, ordering Zumba tapes, a new dress....
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Once I break into the 150's, I'll probably buy a few articles of clothing. Not just as a reward, but out of necessity as well since that's about the weight I was when I had to go up a pants size. And I'd consider it a reward because I normally don't buy clothes often.
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every two weeks, just to record my losses (take measurements, pictures, etc) and don't really reward myself with every weigh in.... however, when I hit my goal weight I will be buying a new wardrobe! I can't wait!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I weigh in on MFP once a week. I only reward myself when I hit a goal. My next goal is my ultimate goal, when I hit that, I'm getting a tattoo, my hair done, my nails and toes done, and new clothes. I been buying resell shop clothing but honestly I love my "New" but yet old clothes hehe.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When I break into the 100's I am buying myself a pair of GOOD running shoes!
  • A harder, more advanced workout. Better enjoy this moment while you can, self. :laugh:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i weigh weekly, don't really do rewards expect on "big weigh ins" big ones are every 7weeks i think
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't really plan "weigh in rewards" because I step on the scale every day but only log a change if I have a new "morning weight" 2-3 days in a row. That's typically how long it takes for me to be sure it will stay there and that weight is really gone, not just a quick change.

I haven't set "mini goals" but I have changed my goals. Like my original goal was to hit 160. When I hit that, I decided I could aim for 140 and when I got close to that, I decided to try for 120. So, now I guess those could be "mini goals" but I set out for those to be the ending goal.

When I hit those numbers, I'll do something but it's usually not planned. It's still something like I'm at the store, I see something and I think "oh, I just hit ____, I think I'll get that for myself as prize, I deserve it". But I don't actively have something in mind.
  • buyer225
    buyer225 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I promised myself that every time I got to a weight that ended in a 9 I would buy myself something. The first one was going to be a Northface fleece jacket but then I thought I was still to big. I just hit my 3rd 9 so I think I'll go try on that jacket again!
  • clafarge
    Options
    My loving bride has gone through Insanity twice and loved it. She's starting a new session where she and her friends are doing it at the same time to motivate each other (long distance friends). She also became a Beach Body Coach... basically for the discount on stuff, but has sold the Insanity set. Good luck and enjoy it... ShaunT is a good motivator.
  • clafarge
    Options
    ... dijonwillis mentioned Insanity... anyone else notice that those push-ups are getting easier and easier... not just with new-found strength, but from not carrying an additional 20-lbs weight on our guts while doing them? I'm definitely interested in starting back on Power90 and then P90X in about 14 lbs and seeing how well I keep up compared to previous attempts.

I've never gotten through Ab Ripper X while doing every exercise because my gut makes it impossible to correctly do many of them... I want to do that in 14 lbs and see how it goes :D.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm poised to hit my next mini-goal in a few weeks, and it coincides with a concert in Chicago. We're going to spend the weekend there and celebrate the fact it doesn't hurt to walk or stand anymore. When I weighed 357, we couldn't do much because I was always looking for somewhere to sit and rest my feet.

We have lots of museum trips scheduled this time. :)
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just hit 20 pounds down so u started the C25k and got JM's 6W6P!
    At 35 pounds down (under 200), I'm getting my hair down and a pedi.
    At 52.5 (half way point) a new outfit! Hoping this one is before Christmas!

That's as far as I've gotten on mini-goal rewards. For the whole 105 pounds, it will be of course a new wardrobe! And a tattoo...
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    When I first started.. I thought about actual "rewards" -- mostly because I wanted to buy an elliptical to have at home but wanted to not spend "extra" for a higher weight capacity one and I don't usually spend that kind of money on myself...

But - I quickly realized that the real reward for me was just seeing the lower number on the scale and the feeling of accomplishment. Those are the only rewards I care about these days... well, that and how I fit clothese in regular stores, that my 5K time will improve, I fit in chairs without worry about how 'small' they look, etc.

Good Luck though... I think it will be great to do some self care and pampering! Plus? It's fun...
  • Punisher0822
    Options
    For every 40 lbs I lose I'm going to get an hour worth of work done to my half sleeve tattoo.