buttery popcorn

terrifehr
terrifehr Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone, I love buttered popcorn so I pop my popcorn and then spray Pam butter spray on top of the popcorn and it taste great for barely no calories!! Hippy

Replies

• Hi everyone, I love buttered popcorn so I pop my popcorn and then spray Pam butter spray on top of the popcorn and it taste great for barely no calories!! Hippy
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Thanks fo rthe tip. I was just going to start a new thread asking people about what their favorite healthy snack is!!!

Lately mine is wheat thins or triscuit type crackers with a little piece of low fat swiss, pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then put a little slice of apple on it. Yummy! I do get bored with food easily - hate 'sameness' - so its good to hear what works for other people!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Cucumbers & vinegar and lately popcorn cakes...I'm kinda plain! I also like veggies and fat-free sour cream-hidden valley ranch dip!:tongue:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Apples or Grapes. I Loooooooooooooove grapes!!! with a little cheese.
    When I was a kid I remember telling a Sunday School teacher that if there wern't any grapes in Heaven, I was not going! :laugh:
    She told me that she was pretty sure that that would be. :smile:
    --Diann...
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    OH and to you all that love Popcorn, I learned that if you take a small paper brown sandwich bag. Put 1/4 cup of popcorn in it. Fold over the top 3 or 4 times and pop in the microwave just like you do store bought popcorn (listen for the poping to slow down.) you save yourself salt, fat, and MONEY! :happy:
    --Diann...
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Hey, I do cukes n' vinegar, too!

I hardly snack. Can't afford those calories on anything less than nutritious. :frown: But I occasionally have a few cals left over and have the mini bags of buttered popcorn. I never thought of getting unbuttered and spraying Pam on them. Does it actually tase like butter?
  • Hi everyone, I love buttered popcorn so I pop my popcorn and then spray Pam butter spray on top of the popcorn and it taste great for barely no calories!! Hippy

perfect timing
    ive asked for an air popper from, uhhh...santa, ya, thats the guy. lol

i have been racking my brain for what to have instead of butter. was going to try molly mc butter, but this sounds interesting to. i have tried, i just can't have popcorn without butter
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    I have been enjoying Buttery Caramel rice cakes as a sweet snack. 80 cal each, 0.5g fat, 0mg cholesterol. Nice plain, or add a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter. Delicious.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Hi everyone, I love buttered popcorn so I pop my popcorn and then spray Pam butter spray on top of the popcorn and it taste great for barely no calories!! Hippy

perfect timing
    ive asked for an air popper from, uhhh...santa, ya, thats the guy. lol

i have been racking my brain for what to have instead of butter. was going to try molly mc butter, but this sounds interesting to. i have tried, i just can't have popcorn without butter

I love Molly McButter! I keep it in the refrigerator and it stays very fresh tasting. The spray cans are much messier - unless you're cooking with it. Molly sprinkles on everything! (I'm talking about the powder.)
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Air poppers for popcorn are so great! It may take a while to get used to the taste of plain popcorn if you can't put anything on it, but now I don't think I could stomach buttery popcorn.
    Here is what we usually do for popcorn, although I don't know about cals. Not many...
    I drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on the popcorn and then a few shakes of brewers yeast and Jamacian Me Crazy sea salt. Sounds odd, but it is so good.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I LOVE buttery popcorn, too. I get the 100 calorie packs that have some butter flavor but also spray I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray on it. No fat, few calories.
  • I love to put Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning on my fresh air popped popcorn... it adds a little spicy heat and is delicious! If you try this, be careful! Only add a tiny bit because it goes a LONG way!
This discussion has been closed.