I could live on candy...the whole bag -every day! (my rant)

Options
67butterfly
67butterfly Posts: 76 Member
I think i could actually live on candy. OH wait! I have been. That's why i'm here! Candy, candy, candy...Reeses pb cups, Kit Kats, taffy, licorice, Oreo cookies (sounds really good right now). My husband will buy a big bag of M&M's and only eat a few. I start with a bag of candy, and i'm going to finish it off. I have no idea how he just stops in the middle of a bag...it drives me nuts. I'm having sugar withdrawls as we speak. Some will say, "go eat some fruit" "Go crunch on some veggies"....well, that's not going to cut it. Why try and fool yourself when you know you won't be satisfied until you eat the freakin candy? I just want the dang swedish fish! GIVE ME SOME CANDY!! .....Then there's the buffet. Honestly, who doesn't load up? It's the buffet for crying out loud!. We'll finish eating at the buffet, and be halfway home, and i'm ready to go back and eat some more! I love food. I just love food...and candy. Did someone say pie eating contest?? :love: :heart:

Replies

• Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Why are you going to a buffet if you can't control yourself?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You probably shouldn't buy candy.

I don't buy plenty of things because I know I love them so much. But candy, well I've had a two pound bag of PB cups in my freezer for a month, I've had about 6.
    Everybody has their food version of kryptonite. Until you can get some discipline avoid buying yours.

Oh, and stay away from buffets.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You know Costco has the Pumpkin Pies out now ?

*evil thought of the day*
  • 67butterfly
    67butterfly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You know Costco has the Pumpkin Pies out now ?

*evil thought of the day*
    ohhhhhh and then there's Costco....lol
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes are a good alternative :)
  • Kellylicious01
    Options
    Would love some M&M's right now.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We all have to develop self control. That's why we are here. Either control the urge to buy candy or control the urge to eat the entire bag. That's the only way to goal weight! Best of luck with the sweet tooth!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I used to hate when people said this...and damnit now I'm one of them (feel free to flame!)

The more you give into the candy and the sweets and the soda, the more you are going to want them.
    Also with all those sugars and stuff...of course your body isn't going to register fruit as a sweet...(Vegetables will never be sweet to me....EVER.)
    After a grueling month I have finally cut candy out of my diet completely...
    When I get a really bad sweet tooth I get chocolate covered bananas (Called banana babies :p)
    Or I'll eat two oreos and dunk them in a sugar free jello pudding.

Right now I'm battling a box of muffins in the kitchen that are 748 calories EACH with 72 grams of sat fats! UGH.
    72 grams!
    You're supposed to have like...25 tops! Lol.

I hope it gets easier for you <3 Someday you'll wake up and it just won't be worth it anymore, and that's a great day. :)
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I need to stop buying candy. I usually don't, but sometimes the temptation is overwhelming and I do it.
    Like this past Friday.... bought one of those bags of Werther's Originals Milk Chocolate pieces..... ate them all within 24 hours. And now I'm suffering the guilt. And am reminded as to why I stopped buying them....
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I get you. I love candy! I just try not to buy them or have them in my house or I'm in big big trouble!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Some will say, "go eat some fruit" "Go crunch on some veggies"....well, that's not going to cut it. Why try and fool yourself when you know you won't be satisfied until you eat the freakin candy?

salute!
  • jewelsc1
    Options
    I am the same way! And you're right, nothing else will satisfy in that moment. I guess the best thing to do, though, is to not buy it and fight the cravings. They say it gets better and you don't crave it anymore. I have never really gotten to that point. Actually, In the past I have went for long periods of time without candy and I did still crave it sometimes. Especially chocolate!!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! I'm just like you...atleast a little bit. I love candy too! I'm sitting here now typing with a serving size of m/ms dark in a bowl. I've learned to have a serving or a serving and a half (just enjoying one at a time). You'd be surprised how long it takes to finish the bowl, if you take your time like this.

I would not recommend eating m/ms right now, but after two years of eating well...m/ms is my treat and pretty much daily. Its in my calorie allowance, ect.

Right now, you need to set your mind straight and get the thoughts out. I know its hard.... Damn sugar is like crack literally! Just realize after two weeks straight how different you feel, you actually will enjoy that apple or fresh fruit more than ever before.

I don't know what else to say that probably hasn't been said.

Don't go to the buffets for a while. Now, I only go a couple of times a month. The Chinese one we go to, I get rewarded with 4 lbs water weight for 5-7 days...so not always that much fun. :*(

Good Luck! You have to examine what's more important right now and make the change :)
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to be a candy junky too. I'll still have a bite from time to time. I had half a chocolate bar for desert tonight. A few months ago, it would have been several chocolate bars. Just had to learn moderation and enjoying pleasures like that in smaller servings on rare occasions. It makes it more enjoyable when you do have it.
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I used to hate when people said this...and damnit now I'm one of them (feel free to flame!)

The more you give into the candy and the sweets and the soda, the more you are going to want them.
    Also with all those sugars and stuff...of course your body isn't going to register fruit as a sweet...(Vegetables will never be sweet to me....EVER.)
    After a grueling month I have finally cut candy out of my diet completely...
    When I get a really bad sweet tooth I get chocolate covered bananas (Called banana babies :p)
    Or I'll eat two oreos and dunk them in a sugar free jello pudding.

Right now I'm battling a box of muffins in the kitchen that are 748 calories EACH with 72 grams of sat fats! UGH.
    72 grams!
    You're supposed to have like...25 tops! Lol.

I hope it gets easier for you <3 Someday you'll wake up and it just won't be worth it anymore, and that's a great day. :)

Those muffins sound worse than donuts....get them crazy things out of your house. :)
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Am I the only one who buys the smallest bag of candy corn every year just to remind myself why I hate it?
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    that is why I had to eliminate all dairy. I cannot resist cheese. I am on day #11. I quit smoking after 12 years and have no idea how long it has been but I will never forget about the day I walked away from cheese.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You probably shouldn't buy candy.

I don't buy plenty of things because I know I love them so much. But candy, well I've had a two pound bag of PB cups in my freezer for a month, I've had about 6.
    Everybody has their food version of kryptonite. Until you can get some discipline avoid buying yours.

Oh, and stay away from buffets.

<
    THIS! Good Advice!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just don't buy the stuff.

Potato chips set me off. I could sit down and eat an entire bag of them. Since I know this I don't buy them.

Candy on the other hand I can have in my house for years. I just pop it in the freezer and eat a piece or two when I want it and that's it. I used to have a mega sweet tooth until I cut out sweets. Now I can take it or leave it and when I do have it it's such an incredible deletable treat for me.
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They don't call it Sugar Addiction for nothing. If you don`t buy it, then you won`t be tempted and tell your hubby to keep it at work and not bring it home, recent article I read Sugar is the number 1 killer out there. Self-control is very hard...it`s like a tub of ice-cream, I could eat the whole thing if it`s in the house.