Cardio/weight training

Options
How much cardio should I do and how much weight training?
I need to lose another 24 pounds
I do about 1 hour 30mins of cardio and 10mins of weight training, I need to do more weights but I dont know what or how much

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    trying doing 60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do:

Monday 15 min warmup then 45 mins of weight training on my legs and shoulder muscle groups
    Tuesday 1 hour cardio
    Wednesday 15 min war up the 60 mins of back and bicep work
    thursday 1 hour cardio
    friday 15 min warm up 60 mins of chest and tricep work
    Saturday 1 hour cardio
    sunday rest

Everyday, but sunday, I do 150 situps (4) 60 second planks and side planks and finish with oblique work. I use the ab work to cool down and catch my breath at the end of my work outs.

All that was set up by a personal trainer that told me never to mix weight training and cardio training on the same day, unless you are doing circuit training.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Here is what I do:

Monday 15 min warmup then 45 mins of weight training on my legs and shoulder muscle groups
    Tuesday 1 hour cardio
    thursday 1 hour cardio
    Saturday 1 hour cardio
    sunday rest

Everyday, but sunday, I do 150 situps (4) 60 second planks and side planks and finish with oblique work. I use the ab work to cool down and catch my breath at the end of my work outs.

All that was set up by a personal trainer that told me never to mix weight training and cardio training on the same day, unless you are doing circuit training.

Wow can I ask what you do for weight training, I dont really know what to do which will take me an hour im used to doing cardio
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I do 30 min. of cardio and an hour of weights daily.

10 min. of weights isn't doing much for you.
  • beachpixie
    beachpixie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try taking a Body Pump class.
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do:

Tuesday 1 hour cardio
    thursday 1 hour cardio
    Saturday 1 hour cardio
    sunday rest

Wow can I ask what you do for weight training, I dont really know what to do which will take me an hour im used to doing cardio

freind request me and I will shoot you a copy of all the lifts I do.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Here is what I do:

Tuesday 1 hour cardio
    thursday 1 hour cardio
    Saturday 1 hour cardio
    sunday rest

freind request me and I will shoot you a copy of all the lifts I do.

Done:)
  • Clay102010
    Options
    The ACSM guidelines for physical activity for adults under 65 recommend moderate-intensity aerobic exercise 30 minutes a day five days a week or vigorous aerobic exercise 20 minutes a day three days a week. Adults should also perform eight to 10 strength-training exercises with eight to 12 repetitions of each twice per week, and should also consider incorporating balance exercises. For your lifting exercise don't do isolated exercises but do more compound exercises that target more then one muscle group. Don't do long cardio sessions. The right way to do cardio effectively is with short, high-intensity intervals. Interval cardio triggers your anaerobic metabolism, which will skyrocket your heart rate and melt the fat.