Fitbit!!!!

Options
Has anyone tried the fitbit? Does it work? How do u like? I thinking about getting one to help with my daily calorie counting etc and burning since i cant do much workout but i do some much through out the day.

Replies

• abbylanes
    abbylanes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had the fitbit for one a month now. It's encouraged me to get moving, and it also tracks your sleep. I love it.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This is only my second day using mine. So far I love it.
  • animack
    Options
    Hi - I've had mine for a month and love it. It's encouraging and convicting for sure. Highly recommend the investment
  • LaShonda2
    LaShonda2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wat does it do? Do it add up all ur exercises etc or do u add that and it adds other stuff
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since Friday so i'm still getting to grips with it really but so far i love it. Its great for motivating you to move around!
  • jcamer12
    jcamer12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    it tracks your exercise calories (you have to add in the start time) and then accurately and wirelessly puts them into MFP acct. You continue to log in to MFP for food and for exercise but FitBit make the exercise calories more accurate. The Fitbit Ultra also shows the stairs you climb daily as well as your total steps. It motivates you with Badges. To me the best feature is the Sleep Tracker. Shows the hours of sleep and how well you sleep in both graph and word form. Very convicting if you are a poor sleeper. You wear the Ftibit 24 hrs a day (not water-proof so not in pool or shower) and it tracks your activity level and puts that back into MFP.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Its a fancy pedometer with a motion sensor and and altitude meter. When set up properly and worn 24/7 it will give you a very good idea of how much you burn during the day. It gives you steps. stairs climbed, and ans activity score. It can tell how hard/fast you are moving etc so it grades your burn by motion/impact.
    It is not waterproof so not swimming or running it through the washer. If you cycle a lot its not as sensitive - there is no impact so it doesn't register as much. But there are ways to account for that.

If you link your account then fitbit will upload your activity to MFP and add a calorie correction, and as you log your food in MFP it will cross to fitbit so you can see where you are based on what you have done each day.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since Feb. I love it and it keeps you on track to get those 10k steps in daily. The calories likely are not 100% accurate but in the beginning it seems fine. I purchased a Polar hear rate monitor iJuly and use it now for more accurate calories burned as FitBit was over estimating for me quite a bit. I think as your heart becomes more fit, an HRM is the way to go, but starting with the FitBit as a tool has been great.
  • LAS_1980
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit for about 4 months now and absolutely love it! I highly recommend it as I have had problems with my charger and they replaced it free and last month I washed my Fitbit and they replaced it absolutely free!!! What it does is tracks your steps, calories burned, floors climbed, distance you've walked, has a clock, stopwatch for you to record your workouts or whatever, and has a flower on it with petals that tells how active you are. You can sync it to MFP and it will give you your exercise calories you've earned for the day (if any). Also on the Fitbit website you can enter in your workouts or activities you have done for the day, add friends and compare your daily steps, enter your weight, and also your food can be entered on there. I love mine and I would say it is definitely worth every penny and has definitely motivated me to move more!!
  • LaShonda2
    LaShonda2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladys!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit & get upset with myself when I forget to clip it on in the morning - like I did today.
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It has been a week for me today that I purchased it. I must say I love it! For someone who doesn't normally like to do anymore moving then I have to it has really encouraged me to get moving to get my calories burned up. I thought the amount was a little steep at first but definitely worth it! I wear it everyday all day long and find myself checking it constantly to get me motivated.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MINE!!!
  • awebster2
    awebster2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY FITBIT! So much, in fact, that I bought one for my son and a friend of his who are both trying to lose weight. He's lost 20 pounds now and I'm down 13. Personally, I use MFP solely to track food and fitbit to track exercise/calories burned. I've also just hooked up my fitbit account to earndit which gives me the incentive to know my exercise is also earning points that I'm going to donate to charity (my dad had polio so the chance to help efforts to get polio vaccine to India is a big plus for me)!
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I too have a fitbit. I just got mine on Thursday. There is a lot to learn about syncing with MFP and so on. (at least for me, completely computer illiterate.) Otherwise, I absolutely love it. Very motivating. I tried to track sleep, but I think you have to buy the premium package to do that. I just bought the fitbit itself and have a profile on fitbit.com. (for free)
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    in for responses. I've been thinking about getting one.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'd love to buy one but unfortunately just can't afford it at the moment. It does look very good though.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Occasionally the website is down or won't sync but for the most part it has really helped me to realize what I am burning each day. I highly recommend it! :smile:
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I too have a fitbit. I just got mine on Thursday. There is a lot to learn about syncing with MFP and so on. (at least for me, completely computer illiterate.) Otherwise, I absolutely love it. Very motivating. I tried to track sleep, but I think you have to buy the premium package to do that. I just bought the fitbit itself and have a profile on fitbit.com. (for free)

You only need to make sure to "start" your sleep activity each night when you go to bed and "end" your activity when you awake. I knows you were in sleep mode then and helps you track how well you slept vs interrupted sleep. Make sure to not to set it for sensitive if your partner tosses and turns all night...lol You will pick up THEIR patters instead...haha
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

You only need to make sure to "start" your sleep activity each night when you go to bed and "end" your activity when you awake. I knows you were in sleep mode then and helps you track how well you slept vs interrupted sleep. Make sure to not to set it for sensitive if your partner tosses and turns all night...lol You will pick up THEIR patters instead...haha

I got mine for Christmas last year and LOVE it! Took a few months off of regular exercise during the heat of the summer but starting tomorrow I am back in full gear to get ready for the holidays! I surorised myself by only gaining 3-5 lbs in 4 months.... I stopped tracking but obviously have started some very good habits! Back to tracking today...hear we go!