Better Days are Shining Through, with pics.

Options
This is an update to this thread, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/660494-i-took-a-wrong-turn-and-i-just-kept-going-with-pic which explained a little of how I ended up where I did. There were circumstances which took me to the place I ended up in but circumstances are not excuses, just challenges that need to be overcome.

I have now lost over 100 pounds, 30% of the weight I started this journey at, and getting closer to my goal. Life is great again and I'm enjoying actually living it instead of wasting it away. So much so that there sometimes just aren't enough hours in the day. If you are on here you want to change so stick with it, sure there will be slip ups and bad days but trust me the rewards are more than worth every little bit of effort. The pictures below are from last week when I hit 101 pounds, I've since lost another pound which is why the ticker says different to the pic.Although there are obvious changes in the pics the biggest changes are all those you can't see, they are the ones in my head and in many ways they are just as important, if not more so than the shed pounds. I'm continuing this journey to become, fitter and stronger as I get older and to continue to become the person I want to be and I want to thank my MFP friends for their support, encouragement and the inspiration they freely provide on a daily basis.

Progress101.jpg

Me.jpg

Replies

• fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    U r an inspiration To us all!!! Great job!!!
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :) Very inspirational!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is really wonderful! The change is super! :flowerforyou:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    wow!!! great work!
  • kellimr
    Options
    You look amazing ~ awesome job! Very handsome too :D
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    That is awesome man! Well done.
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Those pictures are incredible. You are such an inspiration. Congratulations with your achievement!. :smile:
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    WOW! That is a lot of weight VERY fast. I'm wondering what your food plan is? I started in May and needed to lose 85 pounds. I'm down 26 pounds and I'm satisfied with that result but would like it if it came off faster. I'm thinking of giving up carbs altogether for a few weeks while I start this new clinical trial for a medication to treat my auto immune disease. But thats off the topic....... please tell us how you did that in such a short time?

Your very inspiring to me thanks for posting your results so far!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just started eating healthy and exercised, a mixture of cardio and weights. Food wise I eat virtually no processed of pre made meals and as cooking is one of my passions I prepare all my meals using fresh produce. I eat a lot of turkey, chicken and fish along with fresh vegetables, fruits, wholegrain rice, past and the like. I haven't really cut anything out completely and I just count the calories, while making sure I get a good balance of protein, carbs and fat, and don't do all the macro counting and monitoring thing beyond that. I also drink at least 2 - 3 litres of water a day, depending on how much I have worked out. Basically it's come about through three things eating healthily, with the odd cheat day, exercising hard and resting well. I just know it works for me so I'm sticking with it.
  • danzan15
    danzan15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Excellent work mate , I have noticed the changes in you over the wks and it's all good. Great to see you LIVING again , but just so you are aware you gonna hurt over the next few wks , but it's all for the best , trust me lol. Well done mate you continue to inspire us all and I'm privileged to call you a friend.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    Excellent work mate , I have noticed the changes in you over the wks and it's all good. Great to see you LIVING again , but just so you are aware you gonna hurt over the next few wks , but it's all for the best , trust me lol. Well done mate you continue to inspire us all and I'm privileged to call you a friend.
    Likewise mate, and I can deal with the hurt :noway: for the good it will bring. :wink:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ....... you look great ...... and I bet you feel so much better :drinker:
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Very happy for you! :smile:
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    fair doos!!!!

i know how you feel... i liken my previous life to walking around carrying two bags of plaster/cement... no wonder i always felt weighed down... i have even tried carring around 50kgs for half an hour and it was horrible :)

{hold hand out to shake hands}
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Your story gave me goosebumps. Fantastic!!!! Well done, u r looking completely amazing!!!!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Options
    fair doos!!!!

i know how you feel... i liken my previous life to walking around carrying two bags of plaster/cement... no wonder i always felt weighed down... i have even tried carring around 50kgs for half an hour and it was horrible :)

{hold hand out to shake hands}
    *Shake*
  • You have done an amazing job, my friend. Thanks for always providing inspiration, often just when I need it most ;). You look fantastic but I know how amazing you must feel!
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed! Wow! I have just started MFP and this is motivating me to take pics now so I can compare them when the weight is gone, as you did. The result is so dramatic! Way to go!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir!
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    extremely different person now, wow! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!