Favorite Jillian Michael's DVDs?

Options
I am getting to the end of 30DS and I loved it and want to try Ripped in 30 and possibly 6 week 6 pack. I want to buy one other to have on rotation. In addition to JM workouts I also do group pilates class 2X a week and walk a ton up and down the hills. I would like a good cardio work out to do on days when I might be a little sore. Is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism a good one for that. I like JM's workout and the fact that they are fast and effective. I am stay at home mom to a busy toddler so I often only have about 20 mins while he naps to get in a good workout. Please share with me your favorites and experiences.

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat, Boost metabolism is a little longer than the 30 DS and Ripped in 30, it takes around 50 minutes to complete. Its also all cardio so I pair it with some strength too. Her DVD No More Trouble Zones is all strength.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I did 30 ds and liked it. Now I'm doing killer buns and thighs. It's about 40 minutes. I find her way more obnoxious on this DVD than on 30 day. I have to lower the volume and turn on my music; otherwise it's too irritating.:grumble: I hope I can stick with it.
  • Abbieva
    Abbieva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess I'll skip the killer buns then. Thanks!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's good. Just lower the volume once you learn the moves. :wink:
  • RHHMom
    RHHMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is broken down into 7 workout sections ~6 min each (plus warm up and cooldown) so you could just do the first half if that's all the time you have. No More Trouble Zones is the same way, though it's more strength and a bit less cardio. They're both in my rotation from time to time (I've been a Kathy Smith fan for a long time, so when I do a DVD I choose between Kathy or Jillian based on my mood for the day, though truthfully I choose an outdoor run much more often for cardio.)

Toddlerhood is a difficult time for fitness, hang in there! I've been home with mine since he was born many years ago (homeschooling now, so he's still around) and found I needed to workout before mine was up ... early am. Once they're 5+ they get a bit more independent and you can workout while they're awake and occupied.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Ripped in 30. There was more variety than there had been in 30 Day Shred, and the calisthenics I hated (jumping jacks!!!) aren't in it. I haven't had time to do the whole 4 week program the way you're supposed to, but I've done most of the workouts on it and will go back to it when I have a chance.

If you're looking for just cardio, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is very good. It's longer than her other DVDs, I think it's about 45 minutes, but it's split into circuits like her other DVDs, so you can always do a few circuits one day and do the rest on another.
  • Abbieva
    Options
    Cool! How about the kick boxing one? Anyone try that?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I agree that Killer Buns and Thighs is annoying, but I was SO sore the next day, so that keeps me coming back. Just ignore the banter, it's easy when you're focused on getting a good workout.

No Trouble Zones is a great full body workout! Here's what it covers:

Warmup: Basic marching in place, jumping rope, arm circles, skaters (simulate speed skating) and jumping jacks. Then you repeat the entire sequence for a complete five minutes.

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
    - Squat with Shoulder Press
    - Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
    - Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
    - Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
    - Chest Press with a Crunch
    - Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
    - Bicycle Crunches
    - Squirms (lying down with knees bent. lift head and shoulder blades off ground and alternate bending to the side and tapping your heels).
    - PushUp

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
    - Deadlift with Hammer Curl
    - Static Squat with Concentration Curl
    - Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
    - Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
    - Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
    - Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
    - Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
    - Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #5- Core
    - Double Crunches
    - Twisting Plank
    - Plank with ToeTaps (repeat with other leg)
    - Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)

Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
    - Plank with Back Rows
    - Superman
    - Scissor Kicks
    - Pelvic Thrusts (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
    - Side Plank
    - Side Lying Leg Raise
    - Inner Thigh Raise
    - Donkey Kicks
    - Fire Hydrant with Kick

Cool down.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on your goals. If you just want a dvd and dont really bother following a program then Banish fat boost metabolism is great for cardio, No more trouble zones is pure strength and combined these two offer a great combo, doing one three and the other two times a week and then alternating. If you prefer a program to track your progress easier then Ripped is the one most similar to 30 ds but if you ask me its a somewhat harder, not only in the moves but the transitions inbetween moves and circuits.

Then you have Body revolution that Im doing right now, its a 90 day program but I really like it so far. Or as already mentioned Killer buns that target legs and is meant to be done in a three week period.
  • Abbieva
    Options
    Well my goal is to lose about 5 more lbs and build lean muscle. I probably do need some more cardio and also some more weights. Thanks all for the suggestions!
  • Abbieva
    Options
    bump for more faves!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess I'll skip the killer buns then. Thanks!
    I just started Killer buns and thighs and I love it so far
    I also love her yoga meltdown