Steel cut oats question

Options
The serving size is 1/4 cup dry for 170 cal. I cooked 1/4 cup in 1 cup of water, and was wondering if the whole pot is one serving considering the oats just expanded? or do I still need to measure it cooked? Thanks!

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    take the measurement before cooking
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    I measured the 1/4 cup and poured it into the pot, now I'm wondering if that 1/4 cup I poured is only one serving :p
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    the 1/4 cup dry is ONE serving. the expanded amount is still the SAME serving
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    the 1/4 cup dry is ONE serving. the expanded amount is still the SAME serving

The exact answer I was looking for, thank you
  • dennisgp
    dennisgp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat steel oats every morning, but I found an easy way to make it, microwave. There is a product call "100% Steel Cut Oats with Vermont Maple Syrup" from a company called "Good Food Made Simple." This product has no additives or artificial stuff and it taste great (1/2 cup is a 180 calories). The product is in the frozen isle of the grocery store and I just microwave it for 4 minutes and its is ready to eat. The maple product as a hint of sugar. So far I have lost 41 lbs, not because of "Steel Oats," but I think for not skipping breakfast and lots of cardio exercise. The company also has "egg whites" that I like too. The egg white (1 egg patty 35 calories) are also microwaveable for a little over a minute and they are ready to eat. As you can tell I am a guy and I need simple man instructions, microwavable. Here is the company website in regards to the products: http://goodfoodmadesimple.com/ . Good luck everyone.