Crop tops at the gym

Options
Does anyone wear crop tops like the lycra ones? and do u still need a sports bra underneath?
xx

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Depends on what size you are! I'm not large chested, so no, I don't wear a sports bra underneath. Though I might wear a T shirt over the lycra crop. But other women find that a lycra crop alone isn't enough support.
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Depends on what size you are! I'm not large chested, so no, I don't wear a sports bra underneath. Though I might wear a T shirt over the lycra crop. But other women find that a lycra crop alone isn't enough support.

Im quite large chested so was a bit worried. most sports bras arent supportive enough anyway so thought id try both? what brand do u wear? xx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oh, anything I can pick up on the bargain rail, lol! Nike and Reebok are my faves.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I buy the Champion sports bras at target. They're priced well and cute. I don't have a lot that needs to be supported but they do a good job for me. They have different styles that would probably work well for the larger chested.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If your large breasted you'll want to invest in a good sports bra. I tried the one piece, over the head, for sale at Target/Old Navy/Walmart ones and even when trying to go down a size or wear two, or whatever other hints I'd heard, they still didn't offer enough support. When you try on a sports bra, jump up and down and jog in place, if there's more than just a bit of movement there, move on to the next bra.

I've found that Under Armour bras work best for me for running. My favorite style is one I found at Sports Authority and is a front-zip one with a racer back. It's the one I always default to for interval running, or my long distance days since they really don't move at all, even during the speed intervals.

For lower impact cardio or lifting I wear a Champion over the head, underwire bra that has an adjustable back clasp.

Under Armour has a new line that looks similar the the style I currently have but they are color coded for size and say they have more smoothing panels for support and comfort. I haven't tried one on yet, but since one of my UA bras is on its last legs and I'll be needing a new one soon, I'll be looking towards those to try on before just going for my old style.

My sports bras are the second most expensive exercise hear I have, after my running shoes.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    ive never tried crop tops but im rather large chested myself so i go to a specialty store
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm large chested.. wear champion sports bra from walmart. I buy the ones with underwire.. they fit great!.. For comfort reasons, so I don't get a black eye, I would wear one underneath. It's really not a curse to have large boobs. :)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm rather large chested, I always wear a bra under my lycra shirts, it's just not enough support especially while exercising. And besides that I feel a little self conscious when I don't wear one.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm rather large chested and can't afford those expensive sports bras. So I buy the Champion ones at Target and double up. Works great!
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i have huge boobs and i will usually wear a full coverage cotton bra, then a sports bra over that then a tank top with a shelf bra built in if i am going to be running. keeps them locked and loaded.

i did finally find a decent sports bra that was made more like a regular bra with band/cup sizes at target. can't remember the brand but just keep trying on different ones until you find a bra that works for you and your workouts
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The big stopper for crop tops for me is the fact that when I bend forward, my belly skin does this weird hanging-drooping thing. Looks fine when I stand up! But heaven help me if I had to bend over. Much better to keep the child bearing battle scars on this bod under wraps!! LOL
  • kfitzs
    kfitzs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    im very large chested and have a small back so i find it hard enough to get a standard bra let alone a sports bra so i just wear a tight fitting crop top over my everyday bra and that supports me fine. works out cheaper too.