sunday's lunch

Options
So i always do my weigh in on a monday morning =, which is just a disaster when i have my sundays lunch and it just ruins me. feel like i lose all my hard work and i only had alittle meat (beef) home made roasties and peas. I no not the healthiest tea in the world like but its my one pleasure. anyone no how to make me not feel like giving up when sundays come.

Replies

• alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How about changing your weigh in to a different day, Friday or Saturday that way you have time to recover from Sunday lunch?
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh later in the week.

I save up some calories during the week as I do a big roast at lunch time (we have my husband's granma to lunch) plus we have guests in the evening so I do another reasonably big meal (though not a roast).

TBH it doesn't affect my weightloss as long as I fit it in by looking at calories for the week rather than for the day.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You could change the day of your weigh-in, but also remember that the tiniest thing can influence the number on the scale. How much water you've had to drink, how big your lunch was...very rarely is it that you've gained. I seriously doubt one Sunday lunch a week would make you gain 5lbs (or whatever) of anything other than water weight.

Weigh yourself in the morning, naked, before you've eaten or drunk anything but after your first *ahem* bathroom time to get consistent results. Also, take your measurements. They're usually much better to go by than the number on the scale.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My weigh in days used to be Monday's ... but for the same reasons I moved it to Wednesdays. Sundays we usually have a big dinner at my mom's. Come Monday the scale would be up!..... now its in the middle of the week so I know how to plan Thursday. And Friday
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    That is exactly why mine is Sunday morning...before lunch at my mom's!!