mph and stuff is this a good walk?

Options
Just took a walk/run this is what using the stopwatch feature on the fitbit came up with ... 3.67 miles and pace was 16.4 ..says I burned 388 calories and walked for 59 minutes.

is this a good paced walk?

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That really depends on your fitness level and length of legs. If you're walking as a workout you know you've got the right pace if you start sweating.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's pretty brisk.
  • smorrison1408
    smorrison1408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How did you figure out your pace? I didn't realize it had that feature. Where can I find it?
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That really depends on your fitness level and length of legs. If you're walking as a workout you know you've got the right pace if you start sweating.

LOL yeah I was sweating..and panting. My heart rate was def up.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    How did you figure out your pace? I didn't realize it had that feature. Where can I find it?

I used the stopwatch feature..so then when I came back in to sync it up ..it logged it as an activity and all of that stuff showed up..it's pretty awesome that little gadget..I love love it!

Activity record from 11:46am to 12:45pm
    Duration
    59min
    Cals burned
    Steps
    Floors
    Distance
    3.67 mi
    Pace
    16:4/mi
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is a pretty good pace for a walk, it will come down to your fitness level too... When I started with bad knee's I couldn't even walk but when I got enough weight off I was doing 24 minute miles way back then but as the weight came off, got fitted for my knee braces, and got on my pain pills I can get into the sub- 15 minute mile range and I have pushed at my last 5k to get into the Sub-13 minute range.. So as far as I am concerned you are doing great!! Keep it up!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    i would think you burned way more. I would get a hrm to get a truly accurate read, with steps its just estimating, everyones heart rate is different
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    ed -- omg that's amazing!!! thank you :)
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    i would think you burned way more. I would get a hrm to get a truly accurate read

I take the lower amount cuz I don't want to go over my calorie intake during the day. I know some people say don't worry about it..but I do :( I really would like to think it's a better burn than that. I am wiping sweat and I did do some 30 second sprints of running in there ..(not many cuz I'm just starting to think about running)..so if I had been walking with anybody there would have been no conversing going on :sad: